• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

gloria jeans - franchising (1 Viewer)

Lou_86

pro procrastinator
HSC
hmm depends on a few things..the location for instance, whether there is a market for it..etc..im sure it'd be profitable thou..

you have to gain permission from the head office to own a franchise..so that might affect your chances, if you are seriously considering it.. but i reckon itd be awesome to run a store by yourself..

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
if yuo have a store near lots of office building i reckon the business will boom , cuase all the workforce always have coffee for lunch etc. its very popular. but how much would it cost to own a gloria jeans franchise?

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Get one at Sydney International Airport! We're always whinning that we have a stupid, crappy tasting Starbucks, but no Gloria Jeans! Many many people ask if theres a Gloria Jeans around... and the closest is Qantas Domestic Terminal...

timrie6

HSC
N/A
my friend is going to buy a share in one in tasmania. and says it will make her rich.

HSC
its at a new development (nelsons ridge) where they are building new homes, it's in greystanes...there is no gloria jeans in all of greystanes or tooingabie or pendle hill so it'll attract people from all three subrubs...so location is no worries....i just have to think this shit through whether i want to invest in a franchise, or a house or something or rather, anything to make my money grow...im only 18 so owning a business wouldn't be a bad start at all :p

HSC
SashatheMan said:
if yuo have a store near lots of office building i reckon the business will boom , cuase all the workforce always have coffee for lunch etc. its very popular. but how much would it cost to own a gloria jeans franchise?
i'll be a co-owner with my sister of course, i don't want to put all my money into it

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I'd think that it would be a wise move to invest your money. But you'd definately need to know something on the management side, cause owning a franchise isn't that easy - from what i have read. But you'd be in control of a lot of stuff, and if it does fail, then your going to loose alot. (sorry about being so negative, argh! its the only negative post!)

HSC
Cape said:
I'd think that it would be a wise move to invest your money. But you'd definately need to know something on the management side, cause owning a franchise isn't that easy - from what i have read. But you'd be in control of a lot of stuff, and if it does fail, then your going to loose alot. (sorry about being so negative, argh! its the only negative post!)

never hurts to consider possible risks :D

i don't think it would fail since it's going to be the only 'good' shopping centre in greystanes, it is being built especially for the new housing developments, and i think it is going to be next to a school, when they develop it. It'll also be in walking distance from my house...i'm getting strong encouragement from my neighbour who is a wise and successful business man so i don't know...i just want my money to grow grow growwwwww :p

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
If you feel like you can take the challenge on then do it. Just remember though, it may seem picture perfect now, but there are risks. I don't know what the failing statistics are of franchises, but 90% of small businesses fail within the first 5 years (or something). Just make sure you've done all your research first, you don't want to be classified bankrupt at such a young age.

HSC
lol yeah thanx for the advice...though it's not really a small business if it's part of a very successful franchise is it. anyway i'll be giving this some heavy thought, ah uni starts soon and i have finance to worry bout and ahhh lifes hard

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Yeah, it might be part of a successful franchise, but theres still a risk that it might fail. I'd think very long and hard about this, especially if your going to uni. It could become very stressful.

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
Best way to start a franchise like my friend's father did at Pizza Hut.

First he worked at the store as a driver then got promoted to shift supervisor (like manager on duty). He had access to all the sales figures and performanced figures. (Big 2, LTP, HSC, Labour vs Sales etc etc etc ). Did a bit of maths.
Worked out the store was potentially profitable but losing money because of staff not being pushed hard enough.

When he wanted to the buy the store, he bargained hard for it and pizza hut wanted someone else to run other than itself and got heaps big bargain for the franchise.

His family went from driving a Commodore SS to a Jaguar.
So thats how you be successfull and the only way your going to know if your Starbucks franchise is going to profitable is to DO YOUR HOMEWORK.

Hope it healps.

callisto

has called it a day
HSC
Advice from someone who works there...

Hey, I'm a casual at a Gloria Jeans store, and I can tell you that it wouldn't be easy! a LOT depends of the location of your store. For example, the GJ's in Hamilton (Newcastle), on a popular Eat St does really well, they're always getting customers as it's such a busy area. my store, in the CBD, doesn't get quite as busy..and so making a profit can be tougher. My advice to you would be to talk a store owner, they'd be more than happy to share their knowledge and experience in the business :)

Good Luck to you if you decide to go ahead with it. bring on the Tim Tam iced chocolates..

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
you also have to watch for competition (starbucks) and the price of rent, and the turnover the layout the starting price. argh.

corro

HSC
curious as to how an 18 year old finds himself with the money to invest in a franchise? inheritance or have you worked hard for it? Or if your not going gloria jeans, go a juice bar, those things have such high profit margins $5 for a juice . . . how much does 2 oranges, bit of passionfruit and a banana cost? :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)