• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

GMail Invites (1 Viewer)

GaZ_2004

HSC
Argh missed out T.T

Argh!!!!!!!!!! i missed out............. can sum1 plz pm me a invite.....

HellVeN

Banned
HSC
What's with Gmail? I don't really understand it.
Why's everyone so excited about this... is it because of 1GB? What the hell would you need that for. Hell I get like... 1 email a day.

Look through their policies, they're completely dictotarial.

Here's a few examples of things which are "forbidden":

* Transmit content that may be harmful to minors
* Impersonate another person (via the use of an email address or otherwise) or otherwise misrepresent yourself or the source of any email
* Send, upload, distribute or disseminate or offer to do the same with respect to any unlawful, defamatory, harassing, abusive, fraudulent, infringing, obscene, or otherwise objectionable content
* Promote or encourage illegal activity

Freedom? I think not.

Hah, and I've seen much better interfaces. My old email address used a PHP email program thing with a great deal of options, no adds, no space restrictions and much more advanced features.

So what's the deal? I'm sure it's much better than that gay "hotmail" thing that everyone uses but it's not that special.

Last edited:

Jeo

I get about 3000 non spam emails a month, so gmail is good for me, now..

why would you want to do anything on that list? Ok, so now we know why you are getting one email a day.

No space restrictions? Really? Unlimited GB HDD? Since when? Please tell me where you get this, it can be very useful for me.

Please enlighten us about your advanced features / options that you need to use on your one email per day.

You have to give credit to google. They know what people want and they make it. Please don't tell me you would rather load up yahoo to do a search.

Now the reason gmail is popular is not because of the space. Its because its not clunky like most other mail. Same reason that iPod is very popular. iPod sucks when it comes to battery life, there are hardly any features. There is the use it as HDD feature and play the mp3 on the HDD feature, so... iPod has nothing, but still so many people buy it... furthermore, alot of people buy the mini, which has a fraction of the space of the 20GB and the cost is similar.

G

Gavvvvvin

HellVeN said:
* Transmit content that may be harmful to minors
* Impersonate another person (via the use of an email address or otherwise) or otherwise misrepresent yourself or the source of any email
* Send, upload, distribute or disseminate or offer to do the same with respect to any unlawful, defamatory, harassing, abusive, fraudulent, infringing, obscene, or otherwise objectionable content
* Promote or encourage illegal activity
I dont think theres a need to do anything on that list anyway :)

HSC
HellVeN said:
Here's a few examples of things which are "forbidden":

doahh..crap.
there goes my hundreds of megabytes of.......er...mp3s...
and how do they check anyway???

btw...how do you create your invites into links..like the ones jago had earlier..?

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
how do you make the damn links to registration??????

anyway i have 6 more accounts
reply after this message with your email address

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Jeo said:
I get about 3000 non spam emails a month, so gmail is good for me, now..
you get 100 emails a day??? wow, you're so popular!!! i wish i was like you!!!!

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
BreaKing said:
if you don't know what some people do, you should just keep quiet

Jeo

BreaKing said:
I run a business, thats why the high volume. I was just stating gmail is good for people that get a few emails per day because of the conversation system.

In Gmail, I get one or two spam per week, after you mark it as spam, similar emails just get filtered.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)