Goals??? (2 Viewers)

adidasboy

weee
HSC
lyounamu said:
I haven't decided yet. My mind runs to different paths.

My parents (or my mom) do not wish me to undertake Education degree (60-70 UAI) as they are worried that I will not get a decent job with that.

So I would either go for Advanced Mathematics at USYD (98.95), Actuarial degrees (combined ones that have between 96-97) or Combined Law (99.55).

And at the same time, I will be completing one year education degree while I am completing one of the above course. In the end, I am thinking of becoming a teacher or counsellor. :D :D
You would be an awesome teacher!!
Love your explanations on functions lol. Much better than my maths teacher at school.

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
lyounamu said:
I haven't decided yet. My mind runs to different paths.

My parents (or my mom) do not wish me to undertake Education degree (60-70 UAI) as they are worried that I will not get a decent job with that.

So I would either go for Advanced Mathematics at USYD (98.95), Actuarial degrees (combined ones that have between 96-97) or Combined Law (99.55).

And at the same time, I will be completing one year education degree while I am completing one of the above course. In the end, I am thinking of becoming a teacher or counsellor. :D :D
how can you complete two degrees at the same time?

or do you mean masters after your first degree...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
melanieeeee. said:
how can you complete two degrees at the same time?

or do you mean masters after your first degree...
I heard that there is some kind of part-time course you can do. I will probably do that for education degree. I am not really sure but I am really really passionate about it...

EDIT: I haven't got enough info but I will get more info by the time I need to hand in my uni course preference.

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
lyounamu said:
I heard that there is some kind of part-time course you can do. I will probably do that for education degree. I am not really sure but I am really really passionate about it...

EDIT: I haven't got enough info but I will get more info by the time I need to hand in my uni course preference.
education degrees take 3 years for all (or majority) of unis, because of this you will finish your education degree 6 years part time (or 3 years part time + 1.5 years full time) which in that case your better of doing masters
btw if you are refering to 1 year post graduate degrees, you have to have completed a degree first to get in.

also you can't do that cause UAC only gives you one offer (or two if you include CSP + DFEE places)

EDIT: i dont think you understand how much work uni is :/

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
melanieeeee. said:
education degrees take 3 years for all (or majority) of unis, because of this you will finish your education degree 6 years part time (or 3 years part time + 1.5 years full time) which in that case your better of doing masters
btw if you are refering to 1 year post graduate degrees, you have to have completed a degree first to get in.

also you can't do that cause UAC only gives you one offer (or two if you include CSP + DFEE places)

EDIT: i dont think you understand how much work uni is :/
Hahaha.. yeah. I haven't worked out how difficult uni may be. I don't know. May be you are right.

But I will see how I go and think of alternatives that I have. Thanks by the way.

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
adidasboy said:
What course do you aspire to do at UNI?
I am going to do Bachalor in Advanced Mathematics at the USyD. Majoring in Pure Mathematics and Physics. Hopefully going to do Masters and PhD at Princeton University :)

Hopefully doing either the Physics olympiad or maths to, thats one of my goals.

Oh Yeh, coming in the top 10 in state for Physics and MX2 lol

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
kurt.physics said:
I am going to do Bachalor in Advanced Mathematics at the USyD. Majoring in Pure Mathematics and Physics. Hopefully going to do Masters and PhD at Princeton University :)

Hopefully doing either the Physics olympiad or maths to, thats one of my goals.

Oh Yeh, coming in the top 10 in state for Physics and MX2 lol
Coming top 10 in EX2 is my goal as well. It seems to me we share some similar goals! I wish you good luck, mate!

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
Coming top 10 in EX2 is my goal as well. It seems to me we share some similar goals! I wish you good luck, mate!
Same to you to, good luck! Shame that we cannot compete with each other as im doing MX2 in 2010, oh well.

It would be amazing if we could both come first, fully sick!! The hunt is on...lol

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
lyounamu said:
I wouldn't mind coming top 5 in the state for 4U and 3U math.

Trajan

HSC
I actually came in the top 0.8 % for Physics with a 96

I'd say about top 70-80.

Trajan

HSC
foram said:
Good work. I hope I get 97+ in physics. :D

I think my school held me back, it's ranked about 350-400.

Good luck with that kid.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
All I want, by the end of the year is to be acheiving >90 in my subjects.
I know it may not seem like a big deal for people here but for me that would be awesome.
As for ranks:
1st in chem
1st in English
1st in Maths (I wish)
2nd or 3rd in Bio
2nd or 3rd in PDHPE

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Trajan said:
I actually came in the top 0.8 % for Physics with a 96

I'd say about top 70-80.
If you got one more mark, your rank would have been around top 20.

Or if you got two more marks, you would have come first in the state. What a shame...

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
If you got one more mark, your rank would have been around top 20.

Or if you got two more marks, you would have come first in the state. What a shame...
I think I'd be pretty happy with a 96 in Physics. Heh - I'd be pretty happy with anything above about 92.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
well, i'm sure if you got a UAI of 100, your employers wouldn't exactly brush it off as nothing.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
foram said:
well, i'm sure if you got a UAI of 100, your employers wouldn't exactly brush it off as nothing.
Sure it might rate a mention, but experience and communication skills, among other attributes that make you a good worker, are a higher priority than your UAI. Once you enter into university, no one cares about your UAI anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)