God wants gays dead, says beauty queen (1 Viewer)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
God wants gays dead, says beauty queen | News.com.au

CARRIE Prejean isn't the only beauty queen open to expressing her objection to same-sex marriage.
Miss Beverly Hills 2010 Lauren Ashley is also speaking out in support of traditional nuptials, Fox News reported.
"The Bible says that marriage is between a man and a woman," Ms Ashley told Fox News.
"In Leviticus it says: 'If man lies with mankind as he would lie with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death and their blood shall be upon them.'
"The Bible is pretty black and white
"I feel like God himself created mankind and he loves everyone, and he has the best for everyone.
"If he says that having sex with someone of your same gender is going to bring death upon you, that's a pretty stern warning, and he knows more than we do about life."
Ms Ashley, 23, will be representing Beverly Hills in the Miss California pageant in November.
Her statements mirror former Miss California Carrie Prejean's answer to a question about same-sex marriage in last year's Miss USA pageant.
At the time, Ms Prejean said her answer opposing same sex marriage cost her the title.
But with the Miss California Pageant still months away, and Ms Ashley already echoing the views that got Ms Prejean in trouble last year, is she concerned that she may ruin her chances of taking home the tiara?
"That isn't really the issue," she said.
"I have a lot of friends that are gay, and ... I have a lot of friends who have different views, and we share our views together.
"There's no hate between me and anyone."
And according to the Miss California state director, Keith Lewis, a contestant's personal opinion should have no bearing on the result.
"The Miss California USA system has always had a place for an individual's thoughts and opinions when it comes to all sides of political issues," Mr Lewis told Pop Tarts.
"It is an organisation which empowers women, and everyone is entitled to their own beliefs."

L
O
L

explain this please chirstians
because it does clearly state that homos should be killed in teh bible

and evidently people do take the bible literally (as it was intended)

Bereie

HSC
Why else would God write it in the bibble and the quran if it wasn't true.

pman

Banned
HSC
actually, the passage she has quoted says that jews should stone gays to death, not christians...Its from the old testament...WE should forgive them yet aknowledge that they are sinning...She's a dumb blonde who doesn't fully undersatnd what she's talking about!

Also, your second link is broken

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
its not my link it was in the article and i dont give a fuck

define "sinning"

pman

Banned
HSC
shall I quote the article to you

"In Leviticus it says: 'If man lies with mankind as he would lie with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death and their blood shall be upon them.'

That seems pretty clear to me, Leviticus is mainly a book of laws and punishments

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
does it seem strange to you that the christian faith seems to change its beliefs etc when they are out of fashion

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
perhaps it wasnt mainstream due to fear of murder due to literal interpretations of the bible

im sure there were just as many homos back then as there are now (no doubt mostly repressed)

Bereie

HSC
actually, the passage she has quoted says that jews should stone gays to death, not christians...Its from the old testament...WE should forgive them yet aknowledge that they are sinning...She's a dumb blonde who doesn't fully undersatnd what she's talking about!

Also, your second link is broken
Wait if you ignore the OT then where in the NT does it say anything about gays being sinners?

marmsie

HSC
Wait if you ignore the OT then where in the NT does it say anything about gays being sinners?
One place that I can recall it mentioned is in one of Paul's letters to the the Corinthian Church:

1 Corinthians 6 : 9 - 11 (NIV)
9Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders 10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

pman

Banned
HSC
We do not ignore the old testament but rather its punishments, we forgive instead of punishing.......There are new testament quotes that say the same thing but I can't think of them off the top of my head

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
yes the jews are quite backwards, what is your point

where do the christian churches take their anti-gay messages from if they do not take the ot literally, and there is scarcely a mention in the nt?

yes i realise that religious people have been blinding holding onto their faith even when faced with mounting evidence against religion, it doesnt make my statement any less vaild HEY BRO

you said my original statement was "unproven speculation" so i provided some evidence

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
why did you ask me to define "proof" when i *hadnt* mentioned "proof" at all lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)