Going out by yourself (1 Viewer)

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
A better view of the world?

My ass, you would.
I have many friends from most cultures. I'm Aussie/Samoan/Tongan/Maori/French/German/Irish/Scottish and have researched all. I undertake brazilian and chinese martial arts and inherent with that, learn those country's history...

Few reasons why.

philphie

Banned
HSC
Because I think it's important to expand your horizons if you're able to.

How can you have so little interest?

This was one of the reasons an old friend and I stopped talking, he had no inclination to let Australia. Leave Sydney for that matter.
baha reminds me of a sex and the city episode

I just don't understand that. Like, I know everyone isn't as eager to see the world as I am, but it just seems kind of closed minded. Like you're not interested in how other people live.

I don't know.
some people just have bigger things to worry about.

debts

HSC
N/A
i only got that hunger for travelling after i went overseas for the first time a couple years back.

perhaps you just need to wet your appetite AusBluesMan? i find nothing more intriguing than being in a foreign place now, whether it be byron or burbank.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
i only got that hunger for travelling after i went overseas for the first time a couple years back.

perhaps you just need to wet your appetite AusBluesMan? i find nothing more intriguing than being in a foreign place now, whether it be byron or burbank.
Maybe. But that's not happening any time soon :D.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
i like shopping by myself because i get more done in a shorter amount of time. the only downside is that i dont have a friend's opinion when buying stuff :p

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
I have many friends from most cultures. I'm Aussie/Samoan/Tongan/Maori/French/German/Irish/Scottish and have researched all. I undertake brazilian and chinese martial arts and inherent with that, learn those country's history...

Few reasons why.
So in other words, you live solely through other people's experiences and secondhand accounts of the world rather than on your own personal experiences.

You're not well cultured.

You're really just lying to yourself that you are.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
So in other words, you live solely through other people's experiences and secondhand accounts of the world rather than on your own personal experiences.

You're not well cultured.

You're really just lying to yourself that you are.
Lol. Okay then.

cassieagill

HSC
I prefer shopping by myself, i get things done quicker and more efficiently, and i can spend as much time as i want in the shops, i still go shopping with friends but it's more of a social thing, we never get much actual shopping done. I've gone to movies by myself before, when I've been shit bored, it's ok but i'd rather go with friends.

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
Obviously it's not easy to pack up and go overseas for an x period of time, seeing as there are many factors which determine whether or not you are actually able to go; family, financial status, study, work, relationships etc. Saying that, though, if your situation allows for travel, why the hell wouldn't you? You get to see so many new things and meet new people- why on earth would you turn that down just to stay wherever you are and do the same thing you've been doing all your life?

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
i love shopping alone. i like trying on pretty much everything and i always feel obligated to do it quickly when i'm with other people. alternatively i get annoyed waiting for other people trying on things (when they are taking forever that is), so shopping alone is great. i'm going to a concert alone in feb for the first time, it'll be a bit weird/sucky not having anyone to talk to about it afterwards but i love the band so for me, it's not a reason to not go. plus i'm hoping i'll make some temp friends for the night ha.

philphie

Banned
HSC
i love shopping alone. i like trying on pretty much everything and i always feel obligated to do it quickly when i'm with other people. alternatively i get annoyed waiting for other people trying on things (when they are taking forever that is), so shopping alone is great. i'm going to a concert alone in feb for the first time, it'll be a bit weird/sucky not having anyone to talk to about it afterwards but i love the band so for me, it's not a reason to not go. plus i'm hoping i'll make some temp friends for the night ha.
what concert?

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Obviously it's not easy to pack up and go overseas for an x period of time, seeing as there are many factors which determine whether or not you are actually able to go; family, financial status, study, work, relationships etc. Saying that, though, if your situation allows for travel, why the hell wouldn't you? You get to see so many new things and meet new people- why on earth would you turn that down just to stay wherever you are and do the same thing you've been doing all your life?
That's just it. I don't do the same thing every day that I've done my entire life.

I go out and find new things to do XD.

HSC
i've done all of those things

seriously i don't give a fuck, i don't need someone holding my hand every time i step out of my house .. sometimes doing things yourself is just way easier/involves less organisation, and half the time my friends wouldn't be seen dead at the shows or movies i want to go to

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
That's just it. I don't do the same thing every day that I've done my entire life.

I go out and find new things to do XD.
I highly doubt it can compare to going to a completely new place and learning about and experiencing their culture and history. Moreso you get to (if you choose) do it all on your own, so you end up learning a lot about yourself and developing skills you otherwise wouldn't have, staying home and doing whatever you would normally do.

Also, ym

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
I highly doubt it can compare to going to a completely new place and learning about and experiencing their culture and history. Moreso you get to (if you choose) do it all on your own, so you end up learning a lot about yourself and developing skills you otherwise wouldn't have, staying home and doing whatever you would normally do.

Also, ym
I don't know if it compares and I'm not fussed on finding out if it does.

No-one listens to me.

Jeez.

And wtf is ym? Lol.

Sarebs

HSC
I'm a bit with AusBluesMan on this. I think traveling could be great, but it's not even a priority for me. I have the savings and the time, but I think they're better spent on other things. I don't know, at the moment I'd rather listen to my grandparents impressions of a country while I can. I'd rather learn about them than some random culture.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I've haven't been overseas since I was like 3. It doesn't bother me. I want to go, and when I can I will, but atm I can't afford it and I have more pressing things I need to spend my money on, like getting a car and paying my parents back the $600 I still owe them and uni and ra ra ra. Going overseas right now would mean I'd come back with no savings at all and that's not a position I want to be in if I can avoid it.

So I have half-formed plans to go after I graduate and save a decent amount of money from a real grown up job because a casual call centre uni student job is only going to get you so far.

If it doesn't end up happening for whatever reason, though, I'm not going to have a massive cry about it. Shit happens. I'll just go with the flow and see I guess.

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
I've haven't been overseas since I was like 3. It doesn't bother me. I want to go, and when I can I will, but atm I can't afford it and I have more pressing things I need to spend my money on, like getting a car and paying my parents back the $600 I still owe them and uni and ra ra ra. Going overseas right now would mean I'd come back with no savings at all and that's not a position I want to be in if I can avoid it.

So I have half-formed plans to go after I graduate and save a decent amount of money from a real grown up job because a casual call centre uni student job is only going to get you so far.

If it doesn't end up happening for whatever reason, though, I'm not going to have a massive cry about it. Shit happens. I'll just go with the flow and see I guess.
why do you need to pay them back for? i need to pay my dad back $400 ..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)