• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Going to formals solo (2 Viewers)

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
I'm going alone....

and lol i actually turned down dates for reasons people already stated in this thread!

Pwng3

HSC
N/A
BOOYAKASHA! i wanted to take jennifer hawkin but omeone alredy thought of that.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
I was in france for my year 10 formal, so i missed it.

I took a girl from out of school in year 11 and it was the ghey. I mean, she was a year older than us all and quite teh sexy thus quite a good dime piece to show off, but it meant I had to chill and make polite conversation with her all night instead of be my normal raucous self.

Fortunately two of my mates brought out of school girls and found themselves in the same predicament (just their dates were younger, thus received less respect).

In year 12 I asked one of the best looking girls in the grade to come with me on the day of the formal as she wasn't taken just so I could have someone hot to walk in with, I didn't particularly find her personality attractive at all. We didn't sit together which was good because 1. I didn't want to sit with her and 2. Me and most of my friends went to the local pub as soon as he meal had finished and we had had a bit of a dance as the Australia Uruguay soccer match was on.

Basically I am trying to point out that taking someone to the formal is a redundant exercise, and while you may seem "cool" or whatever, it usually turns out to make your night worse. Just ask the most attractive girl who doesn't have a date to go with you an hour before hand so you can be in photos as a couple when you walk in.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
anarchron said:
My formal is in twelve weeks time and I still don't know anyone whom I could ask out.

Question is, has anyone gone to formals by themselves?
you don't have to go with a girl....
you can go with your guy friends......
why do many guys feel pressured to ask a girl to formals?
some guys even say they're not going just because they didn't have a girl to go with
there's nothing wrong with going alone......

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
i went yr12 solo. Didnt feel like babysitting someone, was way more fun just to fuck around with friends and shit.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
it's interesting how u describe it as babysitting :)

ya..... but sometimes u have peer pressure of having a date when all ur mates are taking girls to the formal....it's kinda like "showing off" to ur mates...seeing who's chick is the hottest....who can ask the "best" girl out? I don't know, I'm not male myself so can't judge fairly.

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
tlodg said:
it's interesting how u describe it as babysitting :)

ya..... but sometimes u have peer pressure of having a date when all ur mates are taking girls to the formal....it's kinda like "showing off" to ur mates...seeing who's chick is the hottest....who can ask the "best" girl out? I don't know, I'm not male myself so can't judge fairly.
err.. not really... unless if you have dickhead friends...

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
It's craptastic when someone asks you to their formal and expects you to hang out with them and only them all night. Especially when you don't like them in a romantic kinda way.

That's a side note but true story, its super mondo annoying.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
YBK said:
err.. not really... unless if you have dickhead friends...
I disagree.

I think that that is entirely what it is about.

The males natural urge to be the alpha.

It is the intrinsic primitive competitive urge that runs though all of my gender to some extent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)