Good Eats Guide (1 Viewer)

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Venusian said:
Debarcle in Braddon does pizza, it does 2 for 1 on monday and tuesdays, but its not that outstanding (fairly basic and generic topings)
Isn't that a pub?

maverick180

HSC
Flash your ANU student card at PJ o'reillys and get $5 meals between 6-9 pm, monday to thursday. Can't beat that value! That includes chicken schnitzel, fish and chips, and caesar salad.

Chicken gourmet next to king o'malleys rules for good eats, and I have to give a shout out to Dollys, personal favourite of mine after trekking home at 5 am.

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
Melbourne, or as it shoulda, could, woulda been ca
HSC
The place next to Electric Shadows is Babar's and it's fantastic for pizza. They large ones aren't cheaps, but they'll feed at least two, maybe three people, and really good quality toppings. Really awesome.

I also recomend the banquets from the Turkish place on Barry Drive (near the corner of Barry and Northbourne) - $20 per person, but it'll last two meals and its awesome.

Freketes (not sure of spelling) is the Ethiopian place in Dickson and they food is brilliant. if you've never tried it before, give it a go.

Copurnica Bakery in Mort Street, Braddon, is awesome for breakfast/pastires/bread. Cheses and Spinach bread is so damn good, as is their brie and broccoli quiche.

The Gods is always awesome, best coffee and atmosphere on campus and good food too, if you can afford it. Breaky is less pricey than the rest of the food, and pretty damn good too - try the bircher museli or the Clifford Stack. And as someone already said, Purple Pickle does reasonable burgers at a reasonable price.

Beligun Beer Cafe in Kingston is fantastic if you can make it over there. Pricey, but the best beer battered chips you will ever taste, and not to mention all the beer!

There are some great restaraunts in Manuka too, and some not as expensive as you would think. Guava is a really nice little Vietnamese place, and Thai Corner is always fast, tasty and aforable. Bellucci's is also great if you want to splurge a little (there is also one in Dickson) - if they have chilli and passionfruit pana cotta on the speacials board, you haev to give it a go, its amazing.

Man, I could go on and on... I think maybe I eat out too often...

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
For italian you cannot beat Belluci's in Dickson - Zeff's is okay but everytime i've been the the service has been crap.

As for coffee there is a great little italian place in dickson - makes the BEST coffee i've ever had - its next to the St George Bank....
But in the city Guru Coffee is pretty good

Last edited:

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
Melbourne, or as it shoulda, could, woulda been ca
HSC
The service at Zeffereli's is crap because the staff are treated really badly, or at lesat that's what I hear. I know two people who worked there for a few weeks and just got so feed up with being sworn at, not paid on time and just generally treated like shit that they quit. As a result, the staff is either new, and don't know what they are doing, or they've been there for a while and hate it.

And I do agree, Belluci's is awesome, I've never had a bad thing there. The one in Manuka is a bit nicer in terms of atmosphere and setting I think, but the food is equally good at both.

And i can't remember if I mentioned Gus' in my last post. I moved away from Canberr at the begining of this year and coffee at Gus' is one of the thing I miss the most. I love their breakfasts too.

Also, for cheep and yummy, Izumi's is great. I am pretty sure there is one in Garmea place as well as the one near the IGA on the way into civic. Great tempura vegies.

davo_

good kid
HSC
I'm pretty sure the best eatery in Canberra is Checkers, although being from ANU you may not be all that familiar with this culinary treat.

rumour

HSC
davo_ said:
I'm pretty sure the best eatery in Canberra is Checkers, although being from ANU you may not be all that familiar with this culinary treat.
Yeah Checkers is great!!! <3 Blow flies

I have never been to Dolly's before, it always seemed to be closed when we went past it.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
rumour said:
Yeah Checkers is great!!! <3 Blow flies

I have never been to Dolly's before, it always seemed to be closed when we went past it.
Dollies is a late night affair. I get my devil chips and apple juice there at 4 in the morning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)