Good, ink-saving font for uni notes? (1 Viewer)

FeelBare

HSC
I guess I'm already doing my good part as a citizen by killing as many trees as possible through uni study notes. But what's a good, ink-saving font to use (easy to read)?

I've found Gulim 9pt, spaced at 14pt to be pretty good, but the bold text never seems to be bold. Times New Roman is pretty good, but wastes so much ink... :uhoh:

What do you prefer <.<?

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
If this is not the most jewish thread I've encountered on this forum I will be incredibly shocked.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
...I use Arial 10pt most of the time. It's readable and the bold appears bold. Not that ink wastage is really a concern of mine. I just use it because I think it looks nice.

Gay Captain

HSC
Remember this, fellow uni students

for every page you save by clicking "handouts, 6 per page", for every bit of ink you save by deleting that unnecessary coloured background, for every tree you save by changing the bolded 14 point comic sans to 10 point times new roman, for all the double paging you do on top of all that,

some idiotic first year will print out solid coloured one slide per page single paged for every week in every subject.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Gay Captain said:
Remember this, fellow uni students

for every page you save by clicking "handouts, 6 per page", for every bit of ink you save by deleting that unnecessary coloured background, for every tree you save by changing the bolded 14 point comic sans to 10 point times new roman, for all the double paging you do on top of all that,

some idiotic first year will print out solid coloured one slide per page single paged for every week in every subject.
LOL.

Add to that the generic front page that is automatically included with every print. :D

Gay Captain

HSC
FeelBare said:
What's wrong with saving ink, you ink-nazi?
My post included no less than 4 effective methods for saving ink and paper when printing lecture slides :D

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
It shits me when a group of people decide to each print out a 60 slide lecture with all illustrations, crappy background, etc with 1 slide per page when everyone else needs to use the printer.

And the cost of uni printers:(
But it's still cheaper for me to print a book downloaded from demonoid than to buy it
(so glad its back online)

FeelBare

HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
My god. 15 of the first year physics kids were in like 2 weeks ago, printing their slides. Fuckers don't know the meaning of:

DONT PRINT 1 SLIDE/PAGE
ONLY PRESS PRINT ONCE

So an hour later, the 400 odd pages of physics finally stopped....because the printer had shat itself. My god I hate people like that :( 9pp ftmfw.

As for the op, what the fuck man. Ink saving font? Are you kidding me? Fucking hell, if you are that concerned, you shouldn't be printing your notes.
Any student that does computer studies... or engineering (I forget) gets around 120 pages of free printing. And maybe you're not one to type notes out and go about writing the fuckers out. So if you have nothing to say, stop trolling threads with your pointless ranting. :burn:

@ Gay Captain: sorry I should quote next time, I wasn't referring to what you said ~.~

N

Newberry

FeelBare said:
Any student that does computer studies... or engineering (I forget) gets around 120 pages of free printing. ~.~

I do engineering and I have heard nothing of the free printing...though it would come in handy =)

michael1990

HSC
I am not at UNI but i use:

• Verdana Size 12
  • Baskerville Old Face Size 12
  • Or Bookman Old Style Size 12.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Azamakumar said:
If this is not the most jewish thread I've encountered on this forum I will be incredibly shocked.
Hahhahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaha. That's exactly what I thought. Being able to print a few more pages/cartridge is incredibly jewish

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Are you that cheap? I work in an office, so can print large notes (hundreds of pages) for free, but most of my notes I print at home, and I wouldnt bother changing fonts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)