good math websites (1 Viewer)

Riot09

HSC
im currently in year 10,moving on to year 11 next year doing 3u unit maths and i was just wandering about math websites,such as mathsonline which is catered for australian students and purplemath and maths is fun.does anyone know any other math websites that would help me with my 3u course next year and most likely the 4u course the year after that.i already use the sites above because their user friendly and B.0.s and sometimes yahoo answers.so does anyone else have any other math websites? and please specify,thanx in advance

dvse

HSC
N/A
The first list is good and gives an extremely useful overview of the different topics. I'm not so sure about the second link - while it's all true I'm not sure just how helpful it would be to someone starting out.

Open Courseware is great, but often it is better to read the textbooks rather than somewhat sketchy lecture notes. Downloading the books from the first link might be a better choice.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
The first list is good and gives an extremely useful overview of the different topics. I'm not so sure about the second link - while it's all true I'm not sure just how helpful it would be to someone starting out.

Open Courseware is great, but often it is better to read the textbooks rather than somewhat sketchy lecture notes. Downloading the books from the first link might be a better choice.
The first list is good - I wasn't sure about the second link though I had it in my favourites so I might aswell put it in.

Chicago undergraduate mathematics bibliography is another list I didn't add for some reason.

I agree with you regarding the lecture notes - MIT's first course in Calculus while focusing on first principles is EXTREMELY easy for some reason :jump:

Cazic

HSC
The many maths blogs out there. They're probably not going to help you answer that HSC question you're stuck on, but they're motivation++.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)