Good or bad deal for first car?? (1 Viewer)

turntaker

HSC
I want to buy my first car and I know someone willing to sell a Toyota Starlet 1997 model to me for $300. It has 100,000kms and is auto. Is it worth it. It also runs out of rego in a week.

astroman

HSC
nope auto, gtfo.

jk, its a bad deal, shit car and slower than walking, insurance and rego will cost much more.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Yeah man, i'd def say its a good deal as you could take it to the wrecker and get at least $200-400. That being said, it will cost you about 1k for rego so do take that into consideration.

nope auto, gtfo.

jk, its a bad deal, shit car and slower than walking, insurance and rego will cost much more.
Keep this useless shit to the banter thread

photastic

HSC
nope auto, gtfo.

Hovered over your red reps, "astroman should be ignored" ... agreed

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Do remember that pretty much with any car you get you will be paying at least $1000+ a year for rego and CTP + green slip.

Check if there is anything wrong with the handling (so give it a good test drive with the owner in the passenger seat) or the insides of the car. There could be a few gremlins lying about here and there. Another thing to note is to make sure it gets through the gears fine and can go 80+ kph on the test drive.

Ask the owner why he is selling so cheap (but when you ask him, do it on the spur of the moment while talking to him in person so that he doesn't have time to think up of a good lie like "going overseas", etc).

But yeah not a bad find. If you are looking for something just to get you places, with no luxuries involved, then it should be fine as your first car.

turntaker

HSC
Do remember that pretty much with any car you get you will be paying at least $1000+ a year for rego and CTP + green slip.

Check if there is anything wrong with the handling (so give it a good test drive with the owner in the passenger seat) or the insides of the car. There could be a few gremlins lying about here and there. Another thing to note is to make sure it gets through the gears fine and can go 80+ kph on the test drive.

Ask the owner why he is selling so cheap (but when you ask him, do it on the spur of the moment while talking to him in person so that he doesn't have time to think up of a good lie like "going overseas", etc).

But yeah not a bad find. If you are looking for something just to get you places, with no luxuries involved, then it should be fine as your first car.
Yeah man, i'd def say its a good deal as you could take it to the wrecker and get at least $200-400. That being said, it will cost you about 1k for rego so do take that into consideration.

Keep this useless shit to the banter thread
Thanks for the reply guys, I do know that it will cost 1000+ for rego and stuff with any car. The reason they are selling it cheap is because its a family friend and they don't need the car and thought they would sell it for cheap to good hands. They are also really wealthy and have owned the car since 1997 and probably was well looked after. I want to keep it for 2-3 years max anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)