Got a few minutes? Lynny needs your help! :) (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Hi all,

I might be writing something uni-related (read: MQ related) soon and am in the "fishing-for-ideas" stage. I would love it if you could complete the following sentences for me... if you have more than one answer, feel free to write it down!

a) At uni, I just can't figure out why ___________________________

b) Something about uni I've always wanted to know is _____________________

c) Something interesting I've noticed at uni is______________________

d) Something that really freaks me out about MQ is ____________________

e) Something which I'd really love to see happen at MQ is _____________________________

f) The most whacked-up, "what the f***?!?!" thing I've ever seen/heard of/been in at uni is____________________

Much love for anyone who helps me out! :)

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

[U said:
something about uni I've always wanted to know is _____________________
What the hell that tall grey cylinder thing that's next to the library. Looks like the Vice-Chancellor's personal Evangelion launch tube, or something. :/

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
jhakka said:
e) Something which I'd really love to see happen at MQ is for it to become USyd.
Ahh! God no - Macquarie is not the prettiest uni...
(Professor Nobbs and Professor Plant are tops, though!)

Kegs

HSC
Lynn, you slacker. You must have some ideas you could write about already. Good idea to get people thinking about it though. Everyone think about it. Something less USyd related, if its possible. There is only so much Macq bashing one can take in a day.

Edit: Reference to Usyd post no longer valid, as that post seems to have been removed. Serves em right for crossing the line on to sacred Macq ground.

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
rofl

I do have some ideas but thought it wouldn't hurt to sound out for some more :)

And as if I'd write about mq-bashing stuff :p

Kegs

HSC
I wasnt saying you would write mq bashing stuff. I was just asking the good people out there in BOSland for ideas a little less negative, at least, pointlessly negative. I can handle negative if it is funny, or points something out, but not negative for the sake of being an idiot. That was just plain silly.

J

jhakka

Kegs said:
Lynn, you slacker. You must have some ideas you could write about already. Good idea to get people thinking about it though. Everyone think about it. Something less USyd related, if its possible. There is only so much Macq bashing one can take in a day.

Edit: Reference to Usyd post no longer valid, as that post seems to have been removed. Serves em right for crossing the line on to sacred Macq ground.
This makes me lol because I deleted my own post because some of my Mac friends pointed out that I had touched on a sore spot without realising.

Also: Anyone is free to post in any forum on BOS. It is an open forum.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
jhakka said:
This makes me lol because I deleted my own post because some of my Mac friends pointed out that I had touched on a sore spot without realising.

Also: Anyone is free to post in any forum on BOS. It is an open forum.
hahahah pussy ;)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
d) Something that really freaks me out about MQ is all the drunken men wandering around in togas at like 11pm at night...this one they were all waiting at the bus stop doing pretend kung fu on each other :/

e) Something which I'd really love to see happen at MQ is a train line direct to central. <3

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
kami said:
e) Something which I'd really love to see happen at MQ is a train line direct to central. <3
Wait till Mid-2008. 1 train every 15 mins (on and off-peak). All stations to Chatswood, and I assume the main stops (St Leonards, North Sydney, city stops) till Central.
Central is a major hole though...

Speaking of, I saw for the first time ticket purchasing machines today with the Macquarie Uni button...didn't try pressing it though.

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
a) At uni, I just can't figure out why does it have to be so far from me

b) Something about uni I've always wanted to know is why is the hooker statue there?

c) Something interesting I've noticed at uni is so much grass

d) Something that really freaks me out about MQ is well it use to be the construction :eek:

e) Something which I'd really love to see happen at MQ is that we should demand the old cafe back :( stupid asian food place

f) The most whacked-up, "what the f***?!?!" thing I've ever seen/heard of/been in at uni is .. havent seen :(

X

xeuyrawp

GoodToGo said:
Speaking of, I saw for the first time ticket purchasing machines today with the Macquarie Uni button...didn't try pressing it though.
No, don't press it. You won't be let off a train until 2008! =(

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
a) At uni, I just can't figure out why there isn't a place for people to sleep comfortably in hammocks or beds, rather having to resort to my car or benches :(

b) Something about uni I've always wanted to know is does it make my bum look big?

c) Something interesting I've noticed at uni is that seeing people you know is freakishly easy

d) Something that really freaks me out about MQ is people like myself got accepted

e) Something which I'd really love to see happen at MQ is B Videogames
f) The most whacked-up, "what the f***?!?!" thing I've ever seen/heard of/been in at uni is hearing about how conception day was almost lost :(

monique66

PwarYuex said:
What the hell that tall grey cylinder thing that's next to the library. Looks like the Vice-Chancellor's personal Evangelion launch tube, or something. :/
It's actualy a water tower used for hydroelectricity - it runs the uni. True story. :eek:

Kegs

HSC
damnation said:
It's actualy a water tower used for hydroelectricity - it runs the uni. True story. :eek:
I concour. But I wonder where you got your info from. Some environmentally minded people on campus dont believe me when I say that. Do you have a more credible source then I do?

monique66

My friend's mentor told him that. I don't know if thats a better source though :p

X

xeuyrawp

damnation said:
My friend's mentor told him that. I don't know if thats a better source though :p
Judging by the fact that I'm a mentor, I'm not very impressed with your source. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)