Got a few minutes? Lynny needs your help! :) (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
^ ahahaha don't worry Kylie, it's all good for this thread's intent and purpose :p

The fountain outside sam used to be affectionately known as "The Blue Fountain" because people kept on stealing the blue stuff you find in toilets and putting that into the fountain. Sometime before I came to MQ, the staff got sick of it and turned off the fountain permenantly :(

damnation said:
My friend's mentor told him that. I don't know if thats a better source though
Some mentors like to run around with fairy wands. I have no idea who the hell those people are or why they do that, but why would you trust someone so high on crack that they think they're a fairy?!?! :p

monique66

Hmm, I think in order to actualy prove its a water tower I might have to do some sleuthing on conception day...haha :p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
glitterfairy said:
Some mentors like to run around with fairy wands. I have no idea who the hell those people are or why they do that, but why would you trust someone so high on crack that they think they're a fairy?!?! :p
Because pirates are even less reliable, especially when they're trying to lead you towards alcohol!
YO HO AND A BOTTLE OF RUM!

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
This is a projective test... Very Freud :)

Anyway, here are my answers:
a) At uni, I just can't figure out why [how] the uni library actually works...

b) Something about uni I've always wanted to know is where does our money to SAM go? We dont benefit from it... except the occasional 15c discount.

c) Something interesting I've noticed at uni is that everyone can find something wrong with a unit, even if objectively it is a positive improvement/change etc. Every student needs something to complain about.

d) Something that really freaks me out about MQ is how long it takes to build a stinking pool and a bloody path. Mac is the Bermuda Triangle of construction.

e) Something which I'd really love to see happen at MQ is a more involved student union thats actually there for the students, not profiteering.

f) The most whacked-up, "what the f***?!?!" thing I've ever seen/heard of/been in at uni is dont really know... perhaps the path (ie. how long it took to finish). I think we'd have more of these stories if we were located in Redfern like USYD :p

Kegs

HSC
MaryJane said:
b) Something about uni I've always wanted to know is where does our money to SAM go? We dont benefit from it... except the occasional 15c discount.

e) Something which I'd really love to see happen at MQ is a more involved student union thats actually there for the students, not profiteering.
The SAM money goes into organising events, clubs and socs, discouints, and free beer. Get in on that stuff and you shall see the mystery that lies within. Why do you think that SAM out there for profiteering? I am asking seriously, just want to know what you think.

miss_gtr said:
Another question; Are umbrellas frequently stolen? Yesterday when it was pissing down heavily with rain, I saw many people go to the umbrella stand, looking at them in deep thought before randomly picking one up. Now they mightve been looking for theirs, but I highly suspect they were just looking for one to ninja.
The fish and chips shop (I buy from here like everyday, and I have still failed to notice and remember the name of it..) now why is it, they offer chicken salt and vinegar with chips, but no tomato sauce?
As for the ninja'ing of umbrellas, after living in Japan for a while, I wouldnt leave my umbrella anywhere. Its like umbrella-ninja'ing central there. I guess if I had to ninja, I would pick the worst looking one, so it wasnt too devistating a loss.

And with the sauce, my friend always comes back with little sauce packs and I have no idea where he gets them from. Maybe I should ask him...

damnation said:
My friend's mentor told him that. I don't know if thats a better source though
Since I am a mentor, and told people that it is a water tower/hydro plant, it could well have been me that said it and that would be messed up, in a not trying to use myself to justify myself sorta way. When did this friend hear it from their mentor?

*hopeful*

HSC
sauce costs 10c or is it 20c a packet....why havent u guys asked for it if u wanted it :S :p

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Hi lynn, i was meaning to do this for you but i was too lazy to remember the questions and do this so i just ripped this off mj's post :p

Anyway, here are my answers:
a) At uni, I just can't figure out why ... well nothing i know everything because im cool

b) Something about uni I've always wanted to know is yes i concur about the whole what the hell is that ugly looking cylinder thing next to uni.. hrrrm hydroelectric thingy mah jig sounds good.. i always just thought it was another errm statue lol

c) Something interesting I've noticed at uni is that first years are sooo easy to detect because everyone is still so uai centric and eager beavers with their questions about degrees, credit points and they stress out so easily.

d) Something that really freaks me out about MQ is how long it takes to build a stinking pool and a bloody path. (i must agree with mj here)

e) Something which I'd really love to see happen at MQ is more construction and knocking down ugly buildings and building pretty ones, preferably with my face on it

f) The most whacked-up, "what the f***?!?!" thing I've ever seen/heard of/been in at uni is ..... most probably the stuff on this board.. about how each time someone would come in with food, just to see how the lecturer would act, one time just chips, next time, hot chips n gracy, next thing a plate with steak and gracy n veggies :\ and also someone coming into a lecture in a chicken suit.

Tabris

HSC
a) At uni, I just can't figure out why ___________________________

People dont use the footpaths, i see areas where it is beautifully green with an ugly dirt steak through it from years of use e.g. the pathway from the new commerce block to Macq center and the area between W5A, W3A and MACTH. Not to mention the gum tree area.... outside lincoln

b) Something about uni I've always wanted to know is _____________________

Where did the rabbits go?

c) Something interesting I've noticed at uni is______________________

Asian FOBS and Hoongkies are sometimes indistinguishable after a short while, in memory, some short asian person in designer fashion with thick framed glasses and hongkie style haircut

d) Something that really freaks me out about MQ is ____________________

Desecration of the new lawn area outside the library and MACTH, anywayone walking by can see the ciggerrette butts and rubbish on the lawn

e) Something which I'd really love to see happen at MQ is _____________________________

On a side note, I would like to see changes in our current timetable. I would not mind starting university two weeks early so i can have a 2 week midsem break and a 2 week Stuvac before finals.

Improved horticulture, the ivy leaves that were damaged from the footpath renovation needs to be restored, it would look greater if the sides of the X5B path were fully restored, as well as the area outside E5A and E7A. Can the gum trees support koalas?

f) The most whacked-up, "what the f***?!?!" thing I've ever seen/heard of/been in at uni is____________________

Disrespectful students, who dont have the manners when it comes up to common courtesy.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Tabris said:

People dont use the footpaths, i see areas where it is beautifully green with an ugly dirt steak through it from years of use e.g. the pathway from the new commerce block to Macq center and the area between W5A, W3A and MACTH. Not to mention the gum tree area.... outside lincoln
interesting fact: do you know that apparently most of the paths at mac are actually man made? as in they waited to see where the dirt streaks appeared and then made them paths.

clairegirl said:
f) The most whacked-up, "what the f***?!?!" thing I've ever seen/heard of/been in at uni is ..... most probably the stuff on this board.. about how each time someone would come in with food, just to see how the lecturer would act, one time just chips, next time, hot chips n gracy, next thing a plate with steak and gracy n veggies :\ and also someone coming into a lecture in a chicken suit.
??? why don't people do that in my lectures

so i didn't do these straight out because i couldn't think of anything, i still don't think i am much help

they can't ilecture every subject

why put the fountain thing in the middle of the lake? it's just a water spurt, it doesn't look good

that everyone is so different yet so awesome in their own way

d) Something that really freaks me out about MQ is ____________________
that at times i feel like a foreigner in my own country...

e) Something which I'd really love to see happen at MQ is _____________________________
more common break times with people, clubs that actually operated

f) The most whacked-up, "what the f***?!?!" thing I've ever seen/heard of/been in at uni is____________________
it honestly probably involves this board, members, especially that one time in the toilet... (not as wrong as it sounds :p)

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
the big lecture theatres have no wireless access in them -_-

what Level 4 of the library looks like - the Mary Thompson room or something?

everyone is always happy and friendly - it is like a giant tv show

d) Something that really freaks me out about MQ is
the elevators in W6A - tempremental pieces of ****

more giant screen outdoor movies at the lake

coping with law revue

Kegs

HSC
iambored said:
more common break times with people, clubs that actually operated
I would like to see more members that actually show. Filmsoc has 180+, and there were 4 non-execs at Look Both Ways tonight, one of which was Phil. He is obligated to come. Which club(s) would you like to see more active?

Tabris said:
If anyone works this one out, I have $75 and a case of beer riding on me being able to catch one with my bare hands by the end of the year. Have tried, and failed several times last semester.

lcf said:
more giant screen outdoor movies at the lake
They are coming, I'm sure. A summer thing that the uni puts on with the Ryde council, there are also a bunch of screenings around the North Ryde/Macq Park area.

I love the chicken man!!!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Kegs said:
I would like to see more members that actually show. Filmsoc has 180+, and there were 4 non-execs at Look Both Ways tonight, one of which was Phil. He is obligated to come. Which club(s) would you like to see more active?
The Filipino Society which took off with my $15 and disappeared :(

*hopeful*

HSC
Tabris said:
Kegs said:
If anyone works this one out, I have $75 and a case of beer riding on me being able to catch one with my bare hands by the end of the year. Have tried, and failed several times last semester.
i know where they are! i always seen 1 or 2 rabbits on the patch of grass behind C4C? its the high road u use to walk toward the C car parks....

Last edited:

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
i saw rabbits when i was enrolling this year. they were giving me all the info i needed, and telling me stuff, but i glanced out the window and lost focus - until they turned aroudn and watched too.

Kegs

HSC
I saw a cat kill a baby rabbit (does it have a special name.) I was walking to Macq center last year before E4A was there and it was the old path, and I stopped to watch the rabbits play on the grass in the dusk light, and less than 3 seconds after I stopped, the rabbit was snatched by a cat running from the rock on the corner of the roads. It was so crazy and surreal. I think this is where the rabbits went. And when I say I dont know where they have gone, it means I havent seen a rabbit for 2 or 3 weeks, which is about 70-100 hours of on campus time.

Edit: Just read this post, and it seems so random. The tiredness has caught up with me after working opne day, then straight to woolies to stack shelves for 5 hours. Fun fun fun.

Last edited:

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
At uni, I just can't figure out why ___________________________
Why nobody knows what linguistics is. And why my linguistics professor doesn't know what course notes are :/

b) Something about uni I've always wanted to know is__________
why there's only three units in the WST department?

The statues :p

d) Something that really freaks me out about MQ is
When there's an actual fire, the fire alarms don't go off (one time the overhead in my ling248 lecture caught on fire)

e) Something which I'd really love to see happen at MQ is______________________
Another professor to cause controversy in the media :p

the stupid comments made in class discussions (anybody doing ling214 or ling216 knows who i'm talking about :p )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)