Got my licence! (1 Viewer)

rozymisty

HSC
I got my learners licence on Friday, and today I had my first driving lesson. I was so nervous about it, but excited at the same time. Todays lesson was just about steering, and the instructor controlled the brake/accelerator and manual gear stick stuff. It was very hard to remember allt hat hand over hand stuff, but I eventually got the hang of it. Had this stupid fool who thought they could cut in front of us from the left lane when we had a car next to us parked and we're like fuck off bitch, you cant overtake from the left side! We were driving along when she did it, so I dont knwo what she did that for, prob saw that i was a learner and thought ah i was never like that!

But yeah towards the end, we did some u-turns in a dead end street, and he went through it at the start,a dn then held my hands in place for the first time, then let me try it, and helped and then the 2nd time I got it! I had more success at doing u-turns than turning corners lol.\

Got another lesson on Friday...cant wait to get more confident lol.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
So you can't even steer properly by yourself while someone else controls the accelerator and brake and you are allowed on public roads.... that is fucked. Learners should have to start on some kind of track before they are allowed onto roads full of other cars.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
So you can't even steer properly by yourself while someone else controls the accelerator and brake and you are allowed on public roads.... that is fucked. Learners should have to start on some kind of track before they are allowed onto roads full of other cars.
That is exactly what I was thinking.

What kind of maniac takes a driver who CAN'T EVEN STEER onto a road with other people? There are loads of places where there are no other cars and you can learn the controls and get confident with them, before you start worrying about traffic. Industrial estates outside of work hours, housing development areas, backstreets, rookwood etc.

I would have thought that was common sense. Apparently not.

rozymisty

HSC
lol no need to get worked up, it was on the backstreets that he had me steering and stuff. And most of the time his hands were on teh wheel with mine. What use is a industrial estate going to be for you when you cant use a real life experience? Like you arent going to be able to see the line and stuff like that to see how much you have to steer...

I think i need to move the seat a bit closer next time to get that flexibility/relaxation of the elbows...

CieL

HSC
Flexibility? Relaxation of elbows?

You make steering sound like rocket science!

I can't believe your first lesson involved steering only.. I learnt that on Daytona

A deserted area is great to start off with. If you make a mistake, it's only you [and the person next to you] involved.. you don't interfere with other drivers.. you can do whatever you want.. if there's no lines, imagine them yourself.. I'm sure you can drive around the edges, find something small to drive over so you know the dimensions of your car, etc..

There's no point in "real life experience" if you can't even handle the car properly. So what if something happens? Do you think you'd be able to handle the situation?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
If you can't get into a car and learn to steer in 2 minutes you shouldn't drive ever again.

rozymisty

HSC
Hm well im not a video game girl so yeah you guys would have more experience with that....i bet in playstation games if your playing racing games though you dont do the hand over hand technique do you?

THe instructor has 35years of driving instruction under his belt so he knew what he was doing. He has a dual control car so he had it all under control.

Perhaps it wouldve been better if I had specified he was teachin me how to steer corners...rahter than just plain steering.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
rozymisty said:
Hm well im not a video game girl so yeah you guys would have more experience with that....i bet in playstation games if your playing racing games though you dont do the hand over hand technique do you?

THe instructor has 35years of driving instruction under his belt so he knew what he was doing. He has a dual control car so he had it all under control.

Perhaps it wouldve been better if I had specified he was teachin me how to steer corners...rahter than just plain steering.
It's not about video games. It is a simple physical exercise. You should be able to do it by yourself without any problems straight away or at worst after a couple of practice turns whether you have a playstation or not.

The hand over hand technique should be the natural way you turn a wheel to start with you shouldn't have to be taught how to do it.

G

Gavvvvvin

rozymisty said:
And most of the time his hands were on teh wheel with mine.
I see whats going on here. Driving instructor gone wrong :rofl:

rozymisty

HSC
haha yeah it does sound a bit sus doesnt it lol.

Um well excuse me for never being behind a wheel before. I never thought that everyone would know how to steer a bloody car! Sure going straight and stuff is relatively easy once you get in a car and stuff, but corners are hard! And with my coordination skills, they are a bit harder to master, takes a bit longer to get things....

iamsickofyear12

HSC
rozymisty said:
haha yeah it does sound a bit sus doesnt it lol.

Um well excuse me for never being behind a wheel before. I never thought that everyone would know how to steer a bloody car! Sure going straight and stuff is relatively easy once you get in a car and stuff, but corners are hard! And with my coordination skills, they are a bit harder to master, takes a bit longer to get things....
If your coordination is that bad you shouldn't be driving, catch the bus or something.

rozymisty

HSC
I can coordinate and stuff but yeah it takes a few goes.

Gee it seems that you were all able to somehow magically drive on your first go and didnt need any lessons, and got your Ps on your first go.....and yet you are in teh group that has the highest risk of crashes, mainly coz you cant get off your high horses, thinking you are the dominators of the road.!

iamsickofyear12

HSC
rozymisty said:
I can coordinate and stuff but yeah it takes a few goes.

Gee it seems that you were all able to somehow magically drive on your first go and didnt need any lessons, and got your Ps on your first go.....and yet you are in teh group that has the highest risk of crashes, mainly coz you cant get off your high horses, thinking you are the dominators of the road.!
Yes I was. Yes I did.

I'm in the highest risk group, that doesn't mean I am as bad as everyone else in that group. I am an excellent driver.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Yes I was. Yes I did.

I'm in the highest risk group, that doesn't mean I am as bad as everyone else in that group. I am an excellent driver.
Me too.

CieL

HSC
rozymisty said:
Um well excuse me for never being behind a wheel before.
Never played bumper cars? Go karting? Simulator??

Driven a toy car with a little wheel?? Driven a boat??

ANYTHING with a steering wheel???? NONE?!

Pace_T

HSC
Kiim2507 said:
LOL
Thats so cute
My advice? Learn on an automatic and once you can steer, accelerate and brake, move to a manuel.
and now for my advice
by that point i suggest that you learn to spell manual
you stupid idiot.
:)

carreau

HSC
Woo my record..

Passed L's first
Passed automatic P's first
Bought manual car learnt manual in a week - Passed test a week later for Manual P's
Got a speeding fine
Had an accident (went to court over it and won)
Got another speeding fine
Lost my license for 6 months
Was about to get another 3 months because of accumulated points after I had already done my 6 months, took it to court and won.

Most recently got fined again for 2 points. Green P plate was crooked..
Waiting on whether or not I got snapped through the harbour bridge tunnel, wasn't concentrating and did around 90 in the 80 zone, where I think the camera was.

Don't do what I did lol

Pace_T

HSC
carreau said:
Woo my record..

Passed L's first
Passed automatic P's first
Bought manual car learnt manual in a week - Passed test a week later for Manual P's
Got a speeding fine
Had an accident (went to court over it and won)
Got another speeding fine
Lost my license for 6 months
Was about to get another 3 months because of accumulated points after I had already done my 6 months, took it to court and won.

Most recently got fined again for 2 points. Green P plate was crooked..
Waiting on whether or not I got snapped through the harbour bridge tunnel, wasn't concentrating and did around 90 in the 80 zone, where I think the camera was.

Don't do what I did lol

i bet ur a magnet for cops lol. prob with a shmick jap car and a bad driving record to suit haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)