GPA for transfer into new engineering degrees (1 Viewer)

dorkman

HSC
I'm going to try and transfer into one of the new macquarie engineering degrees starting in 2008. They say the gpa required is 2.25, which is apparently a credit average in macquarie gpa standards, however my gpa is below 5 which is a credit average at uws. It's somewhere between 4 and 5 with a couple of distinctions etc. I plug my results into the macquarie gpa calculator after I have converted them to macquarie form.. I pass = 2, credit = 3, d/hd = 4 and it's above 2.25, which is apparently a 'credit average' (doesnt make sense as a credit at mac is 3.. maby this is a typo?). I'm assuming its above because in the macquarie system a d and hd are equivalent.. anyway I'm just wondering if it's too good to be true. So basically would they convert my marks to a mac gpa or would entry require a uws credit average? :bomb: cheers.

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If you're entering through another University, you'll be using the UAC system, not the GPA system.

The internal transfer policy is only available to those already enrolled at the university in a degree.

dorkman

HSC
Uhh so half uai half gpa? I just spoke to someone from mac and they said they dont really look at your uai.. :confused:

dorkman

HSC
Yeh but it's a new course, there's no uai.. will it be supply and demand?

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
I emailed Graham Town (convenor of the engo courses). It's pass average.. but I reckon they'll let a few more ppl in since MQ is not renowned for engo.

dorkman

HSC
Awesome. Thanks mate. Hopefully either computer or electronics engineering, maby photonics. However my interest lies mainly in computer engineering. I'm from UWS so would'nt they have to take my piss weak uai into consideration since its an external transfer?

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
dorkman said:
Awesome. Thanks mate. Hopefully either computer or electronics engineering, maby photonics. However my interest lies mainly in computer engineering. I'm from UWS so would'nt they have to take my piss weak uai into consideration since its an external transfer?
i got a decent uai for engo courses but i did crap first semester (real crap). apparently they take 1/2 UAI 1/2 GPA im just hoping for the best.

dorkman

HSC
Sweet! What stream of engineering are you wanting to get into? What uni are you transfering from?

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
dorkman said:
Sweet! What stream of engineering are you wanting to get into? What uni are you transfering from?
Software Engineering/Eco..

unsw.. (too freakin far)

dorkman

HSC
pshhh you'll easily get in mate :) For a hsc delinquent like myself it will not be so easy :( I hate it how the uai haunts you even when you're in uni

:bomb:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)