GPA question (1 Viewer)

luxslash89

HSC
im gonna be going to UTS this yr, and i am planning to tranfer to another course, at another uni for the nex. UTS uses the 4.0 GPA system whereas wen i observe students of other unis discuss their GPAs, i think they use the 7.0 GPA (changed from GPS lol). so how extactly does the conversion work??? ppl say "oh UAC does the conversions", but wat i want to know is HOW!! :burn: say, if i get a 3.5 GPA in UTS, is it simply converted by ratio like so- 3.5:4.0 = x:7.0 ??
which will get me.... (using calculator for this amazingly simple calculation) approx 6.1 GPA ? :spzz:

Last edited:

rcr4fags

HSC
N/A
work it out manually

hd,dn,cr,ps,fl respecitively

Last edited:

luxslash89

HSC
work it out manually

hd,dn,cr,ps,fl respecitively
thanks alot... hmm... i hope i wasnt one of the pple who asked a dumb fckn question... :eek:
oh, and can u clear this one up as well for me? if im applying to multiple courses (many different courses all in different unis) that arent listed on the UAC website, do i apply the ones that r to UAC first, then apply to the other ones directly? or do i apply to multiple uni admission centres UAC + VTAC + QTAC etc?? this one, i think, may be a stupid fckn question to u... lol

Last edited:

rcr4fags

HSC
N/A
thanks alot... hmm... i hope i wasnt one of the pple who asked a dumb fckn question... :eek:
oh, and can u clear this one up as well for me? if im applying to multiple courses (many different courses all in different unis) that arent listed on the UAC website, do i apply the ones that r to UAC first, then apply to the other ones directly? or do i apply to multiple uni admission centres UAC + VTAC + QTAC etc?? this one, i think, may be a stupid fckn question to u... lol

u do multiple admissions centers.

cost 4 times as much but u 4x's your chances.

luxslash89

HSC
u do multiple admissions centers.

cost 4 times as much but u 4x's your chances.
so if there is a course say, melbourne dent. (which i want to put on the first preference) available by two centers simultaneously say, UAC and VTAC, then do i put them both on first preference? or do i put it in just one center and forget about the other? :confused:
thanx for all ur replies rcr, it means a lot to me :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)