Grade appeals (1 Viewer)

ms27

HSC
Hey,

I failed ACCG201 this semester with a mark of 42. I put in a step 1 grade appeal and only got the result today because the deadline was pushed forward. This is the email I received:

Dear Mr XXXX,

The Unit Co-ordinator (UC) of your unit has considered your case and has made the decision stated below. The UC will also indicate if the ground(s) you based your application on had sufficient evidence supplied to warrant an amended grade.

Thank you,
Debbie Jeffery
Faculty Academic Programs Administrator

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reference: XXXXXXX
StudentId: XXXXXXX
Date Received: 22/07/2009
UnitCode: ACCG201
Semester: 2009 1st Semester

Decision: Grade Amended
Your new grade can be viewed in eStudent once it has been ratified by the head of the department offering this unit.

Grounds:
A clerical error has occurred in the computation of the grade.(Sufficient)

Explanation:
Exam script reviewed.

Exam paper remarked and SNG adjusted.

LIC Statement:
The Unit Co-ordinator of this unit claims the relevant components of the final exam have been marked in their entirety and the relevant components of the unit assessment have been incorporated into the final grade.

So it actually hasn't given me the new mark and it hasn't yet been updated on eStudent. When should I expect it to be updated? Is it possible that the mark has increased to say 44 from 42 or do I assume I've at least got a PC grade?

Thanks

Monstar

HSC
Personally, I think it'd be stupid if they increased your mark from 42-44.. but i dont want to get your hopes up cause accg201 is fucking lame.

ms27

HSC
It certainly is lame. I don't know why they don't just give me the new mark in the email instead of telling me to wait till its updated on eStudent. Since it's the weekend it probably wont get done till Monday.

snowy

HSC
I got the same email as you on Monday and I have waited a week for my marks to be updated in estudent, but it still hasn't. I have also emailed them in regards to the time it will take for the marks to be changed, but nobody replies. I called the faculty and they said they don't know either. I don't know who else to go to and I can see you are in the same situation. If you happen to find out who we can contact, please let me know as well, thanks.

Last edited:

ascentyx

HSC
Do they have a benefit of the doubt system so if you get your paper rechecked your marks cannot go down? Because it said your marks were changing not that they were going up :p

ms27

HSC
I got the same email as you on Monday and I have waited a week for my marks to be updated in estudent, but it still hasn't. I have also emailed them in regards to the time it will take for the marks to be changed, but nobody replies. I called the faculty and they said they don't know either. I don't know who else to go to and I can see you are in the same situation. If you happen to find out who we can contact, please let me know as well, thanks.
I don't think there's much we can do over the weekend. I think I know whom to contact on Monday. What subject did you appeal? At the moment all I really want to know is whether my mark has at least gone from 42 to 45. If the mark gets increased to 43 or 44 it's pretty useless to me.

snowy

HSC
I don't think there's much we can do over the weekend. I think I know whom to contact on Monday. What subject did you appeal? At the moment all I really want to know is whether my mark has at least gone from 42 to 45. If the mark gets increased to 43 or 44 it's pretty useless to me.
I appealed for ACCG323. Who are you going to contact? Lecturer in charge? I really want to know when they are going to change it so I can be sure I do not have to repeat it again.

Monstar

HSC
Hey thanks dude.. cause of oyu they did an audit and i managed to get a credit!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)