graduation curls.. (1 Viewer)

=slade=

HSC
i am getting my hair lightly curled, sorta like wavy curls throughout my hair for my graduation ball

the appointment is at 10am, (grad starts at 730), but im getting it dyed and cut so it will take a while til they put the curls in

the thing is, my hair is fairly fine, normally it will stay put providing theres lots of hairspray etc....do u think the curls will still be there at 730? or should i change the appointment time?

Danoz The Great

HSC
They might, I have thick hair so I'm really not sure.

But I remember in year 10 that I got my hair curled a little, at about 10-12ish too. It seemed to stay in alright for the formal.

I'm getting my hair all curled, cut coloured etc for this formal. I'm getting the cut and colour two days before, so maybe you could do that, and move the appointment to curl your hair to a later time, say 1-2ish? I think that'd be right.

=slade=

HSC
yea that sounds better...thanks!

how much is yours costing? mines like $110-140 :S lol

like a dark brown colour, and maybe some foils, i dont want a big special thing like the yr 10 one( i had it all styled etc), cos they look so fake and over the top i think anyway

Danoz The Great

HSC
No worries :)

I'm not sure on the price of mine, but since my friend is a beautician who works at the same place it'll probably be cheaper than that. I hope so anyway, lol.

Edit: My hair is naturally dark brown and I'm just dying it that colour to cover up the blonde bits I have in it.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
I say change the appointment to around 230-3pm, 10am is way too early.
How long is your hair?
Have fun at your graduation:)

=slade=

HSC
yea i might c if i can change the time, is it bad to get your hair dyed on the same day as the grad? like, in case of dye on my skin? the hairdresser is heaps good, but should i get it dyed on friday & curled late on saturday?

alby

cool duckie
HSC
if you're getting a colour and foils then it'd be better to do it at least a couple of days before. when i got my foils done last year, the hairdresser said its better to do them about a week before caus then you have a chance to get used to them, the colour's not as intense (espically if you have thicker foils), and also you have time to get her to add/remove/tone down them if you want.

if i were you, i'd try to see if she can book you in for this/next week, so you've got time incase you dont like it. and get your curls done later on in the day (probably around 2 hrs before the acutal formal) so that you've get the most out of your curls. i got my hair curled for my year 10 formal, and caus my hair's so thick (and i'd just washed it), i was at the hairdressers for 2 or 3hrs, with 1.5 of that under the dryer...and they dropped by about 1/2 way through the night

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)