Graham Arnold needs to go.... (1 Viewer)

Chelsea FC

HSC
N/A
Who agrees with me Arnold needs to be sent back to Assistant.

Ever since he took over

he has had some woeful results

we were poor against Bahrain and Kuwait

Pathetic against Denmark

And we were absolutely outplayed by Uruguay

Under Arnold we lask composure, poor passing, woeful defending, we didn't even look threatening in Attack.

How are we going to win the Asian Cup? - let alone be in contention...

Look Graham your a great bloke - but this job is not for you.

We need someone like Jurgen Klinsmann, Marcello Lippi or Gerald Houlier.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
What was the score in the game? Poor me, can't afford Foxtel.... :(

Chelsea FC

HSC
N/A
politik said:
No he doesn't.

I'd forgive your elementary amount of football knowledge, but I can't resist a good trolling of someone.

Have a look at the mean age of our squad. Five debutants.

Then kill yourself for being useless.
Yes i know we were under strength.

But that's no excuses for getting proper passes & goal keeping blunders.

Lets face we never looked threatening when we had possesion. It's was also like as if we were picking our noses in the middle of the football field.

Uruguay played counter attacking football and every time they had the ball they always looked dangerous. Recoba was fantastic. The score could have been 4-1.

I mean we should appoint Gerald Houlier or Marcello Lippi or try to lure Hiddink back.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
i dont think arnold can be blamed for goal keeper blunders or passing going astray i mean he isnt the one on the field and cant do anything about that, its up to the players to show their abilities. i think ur being way to hard on arnold, he has done well with a very understrength squad since the world cup, he has not had a full side since then, and has done well, imo. i mean what else can you expect, 2-1 against a FULL strength uruagay squad is a very good result, if u cant see that, and the fact it was a friendly,then you are blind.

and besides, no top coach, would want to work with us atm, i dont see why klinnsman, or houliier etc would want to take on the role full time and move down here, if we do get a hiddink class coach again, it will be on a part time basis a year or 2 out of the world cup. noone will want to move here to work on it full time, and i think personally we keep arnold, but have him work closely with haan or another director of football.

mat2154

HSC
we can't just sack arnold if we don't have a better place. You must not know anything about football if you think we have any chance of getting Hiddink or Lippi. If we get houlier of klinsmann, they will choose to live in USA or europe and take this job on a part time basis, which will be bad for all players based in australia and the national team in general.

Mclaren has performed even poorer (struggling to qualify) and still hasn't been sacked (he will if they lose to Estonia). We must stick behind arnold and kosmina

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Led-Zep said:
noone will want to move here to work on it full time, and i think personally we keep arnold, but have him work closely with haan or another director of football.
Do you mean Arie Haan or Rob Baan??

I think Arnold is doing a decent job and at least trying to carry on with the style of football that Hiddink has laid the foundation for. The fact that he is Australia doesn't mean that he is naive football wise or a subscriber to the Farina style of coaching. I'm skeptical about whether he is the right coach for getting us results in competitive tournaments, such as a World Cup or Asian Cup. For those tournament we perhaps need a continental coach with a bit of tactical nous to take over, relegating Arnold to the assistant role. But for bringing in new players and moulding the changing side into the style we're after, I'm happy with Arnold being at the helm.

HSC
N/A
No seriously he did pretty well tactically

Remember it was a 2nd string squad and we only lost because of a keeper mistake :D

HotShot

-_-
HSC
We need someone better than Arnold.. and more suited to our style of play.

Get the Brazilian coach who coached Portugal in the WC.

mat2154

HSC
problem is the ex brazilian coach can't speak english

mat2154

HSC
problem is the ex portuguese (brazilian) coach can't speak english

berrell24

HSC
I'm not sure whether sacking Arnold is a solution to Australia's footballing problem- Australia just isnt producing players of technical and skillful quality, it comes down to grass roots level and that is why the Australian footballing system is being revamped and replanned to adjust and be able to fully compete with the top footballing nations in football.
Yes Neill, Cahill and Kewell are all great players but Australia lacks depth, with many of our other top players playing overseas in less competitive competitions. And as Nicky Carle said during the week, the A-league is a great start to improving Australia as a footballing nation but A-league players are only making up <10% of the Australian football team. The results recently in the World Cup and friendlies are encouraging but for Australia to be a competitive team full time with substantial depth it will take a decade at least for the right procedures, competitions and players to be in place.
I also second politiks comment that last night's team was not the team that will participate in the Asian Cup, it was a team in which Arnold was trying new things by trying different combinations, players and tactics and the results were hopeful, with Australia creating a few offensive chances and managing to keep control of possession for periods at a time.
In regards to the sacking of Arnold, it eventually comes down to FFA who at the moment back Arnold to take Australia into the Asian Cup. Finally if you are criticising the quality of Australia's performance last night against Uruguay, do realise that in the end it is the players who win or lose the game, not the coach.
P.S. Look out for two young players- James Brown and Tahj Minniecon to emerge for the Australian side over the next few years. Tahj has already been contracted by Qld Roar while Brown's future is a mere formality.
Peace

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
I don't see a problem with Arnold to tell the truth. Besides theres no point in sacking him now, just before the Asian cup, when he gets sacked after it no matter what (we all know he'll get sacked then)

Real Madrid

HSC
He's useless, if he can't straighten the minds of these blundering buffoons then who will...?

A real coach.

*Minka*

HSC
Me and my father think the biggest mistake FA made was letting Johan Neeskens go when he clearly wanted to stay.

Dan06

HSC
mat2154 said:
problem is the ex brazilian coach can't speak english
Yeh but look what Hiddink did with South Korea in 2002. Im fairly certain that he wouldn't have been able to speak Korean yet he achieved enormous results with that team.

Give Arnold until the Asia Cup however even if we win it I believe we should get a new coach such as some of the others mentioned to take us to South Africa 2010.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)