• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Grammar bridging course for Undergrad Health Science and Applied Speech students (1 Viewer)

mm713

HSC
Is the grammar bridging course essential? I browsed Usyd's webpage regarding this and couldn't answer the grammar questions they put forward to test whether you need to enroll in the bridging course or not! I haven't ecountered anything like those questions before even in secondary school. Do any of you think having done HSC English or IB English (I did Higher level and got a reasonable mark) is enough to keep up with the grammatical aspect of Speech Path? Any help would be much appreciated!!

me-mfhs

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey i finished first year speech path last year (so im in second year now)

LOL the grammar course isn't compulsary but i did it anyways (Just the grammer course), and it helped heaps! do it do it =)

LOL but i never touched the big fat green book again until we actually studied it in linguistics.

But in the exam for it, it wont get hard as the one in the big fat green book LOOOL

btw if you fail the exam for it at uni, you repeat the course since its a "barrier exam"

oh and for your question about hsc english, we didnt study these things at school. LOL maybe in primary but...its more detailed

its basically learnning about 5 types of diffferent verbs, different types of nouns, adverbials, prepositions, articles, determiners.... LOL i recommed you do the course

um also, it was a really good way to make friends, so on your first day you wont feel so noob eheheh =)!!

Last edited:

mm713

HSC
Hey i finished first year speech path last year (so im in second year now)

LOL the grammar course isn't compulsary but i did it anyways (Just the grammer course), and it helped heaps! do it do it =)

LOL but i never touched the big fat green book again until we actually studied it in linguistics.

But in the exam for it, it wont get hard as the one in the big fat green book LOOOL

btw if you fail the exam for it at uni, you repeat the course since its a "barrier exam"

oh and for your question about hsc english, we didnt study these things at school. LOL maybe in primary but...its more detailed

its basically learnning about 5 types of diffferent verbs, different types of nouns, adverbials, prepositions, articles, determiners.... LOL i recommed you do the course
wow thank you m-mfhs, that REALLY helped!!! do you think it's okay if i do the bridging course before the second year of uni starts, which is next year for me? i'm going to be doing BHS with a second major in hearing and speech.

me-mfhs

HSC
Uni Grad
Yep! I think you should do the bridging course like just before you start the "speech path" courses eheheh ^_^ otherwise you'll forget everything you learned in the bridging course like me!!! loool! i already forgot everything =( apparently i need to know it all this year again nooooooooooooooo!! >.<

:ninja:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)