Great places to eat and fun things to do near UTS (1 Viewer)

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by baby_mulanz
like the semi-warm chocolate milkshake i had was like super expensive blehhhck~never again ~
yeah thats the thing though, they make their money on the drinks so you'll pay asmuch for a bottle of coke as you would for a plate of pasta. haha, thats why i always sneak a drink in.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Nothing worse than a warm milkshake or iced choc/coffee....

I've been once and I didn't think it was that great. I can cook better spag bol or basic pasta for cheaper than I can buy it there, and it doesn't take much effort to cook. It's only a little bit further to walk to the supermarket so I don't go there.

Plus I am so picky with pizza.... when I had a pizza at mammas there wasn't enough sugar in the pastry so it didn't brown nicely and was too white... it was ok, but not great.

The lansdowne is the best bargain around broadway!!! I can't believe I didn't say it before!!! It's opposite Victoria Park... not on Broadway but just off Broadway on City Road so really close. They have $5 lunch and dinner meals. You can have steak with a sauce and chips or mash potato... or chicken, or fish, or nachos and there are a couple of other things too... it's really good value. You have to buy a drink with your meal though, so all up you can get lunch/dinner and a drink (soft drink, beer or house wine) for $8.50 which is pretty reasonable. You couldn't buy steak and cook it yourself for that cheap.

karnevil

HSC
lol there wasn't enogh SUGAR in the DOUGH? wtf?! that's crossing the line between being picky and being anal. :p

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
My parents own a pizza shop lol.... I have been analyzing pizza content since the day I was born lol. My roommates pay me out about it too.... once they dared me to eat a $2.50 Bilo pizza.... I rose to the challenge, but they may as well have asked me to eat cardboard!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Sushi is so cheap in Sydney.... in Albury at the only Japanese restaurant it costs $8.50 for a serve of sushi that doesn't constitute much more than a hand roll!

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
where was this?
i hate the sushi rolls when the seaweed doesnt bite off easily if u know what i mean, teriyaki chicken and salmon/avocado are the best, although fresh sashimi rocks em all.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
this was actua;lly at the food court underneath myer in pitt st mall, i dunno if you know it. but i was on my lunch break at work adn got some, and it tasted totally fucked and i almost gagged... i tried to keep eating it but there was something really really wrong with it. i couldn't be bothered to go get my money back or anything tho so whatever

i like the teriyaki ones too, california rolls are yummy as well

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I applied to Myer and they rejected me. It was so funny, since I had an excellent record at coles less than two years ago. Probably my restrictive timetable. :p

Back on topic, easiest thing is to cook your own food and bring it with you. Sure it takes more time, but you know you won't die from anything you eat (unless you suck at cooking, in which case you had better learn :D)

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
I applied to Myer and they rejected me. It was so funny, since I had an excellent record at coles less than two years ago. Probably my restrictive timetable. :p
yeah, i was applying for retail jobs for MONTHS to no avail. ppl just don't want to hear that you're at uni, basically uni translates to "unavailable, non-committed". i'm really lucky that my place gave me a chance.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by spin spin sugar
this was actually at the food court underneath myer in pitt st mall, i dunno if you know it.
shit i eat there often :(

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
they have a nandos there,
nandos is dope,
i liked there 'no fat chicks' campaign, haha caused so much controversy, some obese woman went on today tonight and whinged

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by Soma
they have a nandos there,
nandos is dope,
i liked there 'no fat chicks' campaign, haha caused so much controversy, some obese woman went on today tonight and whinged
omg that was sooooo lame, it was such a funny campaign she took it totally the wrong way. i was so cut when they withdrew all the no fat chicks stuff

ash you should DEFINITELY try nandos, if i want yummy fast food but i dont want it to be totally fucked up levels of greasiness (like kfc) i always go to nandos. the burgers are actually pretty low in fat (there used to be one with only 5g which was really good, unbelievably low for fast food). their chicken tastes sooo yummy but you better like hot food!! its mostly chilli stuff, i go with the lemon chicken option tho.

their hot chips are also the bomb diggity, has the raddest seasoning, totally rivals kfc's

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)