Great places to eat and fun things to do near UTS (1 Viewer)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Re: Great places to eat and fun things to do nearby UTS

damn i hope i can get a transfer to UTS
gosh eating at market city and chinatown almost everyday
*drools*

HSC

n00bi3z said:
market city is the place to eat with the nice $6 noodle soup and stuff bowls :]
also in the arvo till late arvo most of the sushi places near the uni have 3 for the price of 2 deals which are nice. word of warning, the sushi bar near the uni next to maccas looks like they put alot of meat in their rolls but after the first bite theres hardly anything there! best to go to the sushi place jsut before the train tunnels; cheaper and more meat! XD
nah the place near the stations sushi is fucked as.
G'day Sushi is the better place to go. Its cheaper and its better, the other places seaweed shit tooooo chewy tastes like aids.

Walk down to nandos its like 2 minutes walk from tower, work towards broadway shopping centre/sydney uni and turn right when u reach the first road after the subway, forget what its called. OR walk to chinatown, good , cheap.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A

lol what happened to mama's kitchen? it closed down!
:(

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC

G'day sushi is acutally fucked as. Fish is not fresh, the seaweed is chewy as like black glad wrap or sth (not that i have eaten glad wrap :p)

The one inside The Boardway is better... damn long walking distance...

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC

protein shakes for the win!

rocafella32

HSC

So to sum it up, do UTS students have a good social life?...i mean i obviously realise it depends on the individual, but just the fact that UTS only has about 50 clubs/societies and UNSW and USYD both have like a million tells me that people who go to UTS just go to their lectures and tutes and then go home...is it really like that?, or do people like to out clubbing and stuff?...sorry these question are pretty vague and weird lol, but this is basically the one last thing i want to know about UTS, before making sure thats the uni for me

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
The majority of people do leave campus fairly quickly, because why stay on campus when the whole city is out there? Similarly, because of how UTS is so accessible by transport you will have a fair few people who live a long way away from the campus and so its in their best interests to head home as soon as possible.

I'd also note that you'd go clubbing with friends regardless of which university you go to, and having a less active campus life won't influence that very much. To put it in other terms, do you expect to go out clubbing more because you join the bridge club or the circus society or the your inner child society or any number of societies at usyd or unsw?

HSC
theres this place called Bounce near the entrance to that enourmas TAFE building and the escalators coming out from central station boardwalk.
They make excellent salads however are pricey.
If you do'nt have a lot of money, a chilli chicken wrap...excellent.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
DigitalFortress said:
theres this place called Bounce near the entrance to that enourmas TAFE building and the escalators coming out from central station boardwalk.
They make excellent salads however are pricey.
If you do'nt have a lot of money, a chilli chicken wrap...excellent.
yeh that place is awesome

i love that chilli chicken wrap ;)
good work Dane :D

juni

juni
HSC
I love going shopping all over the CBD
You can just walk down George St or if you cant be bothered catch the bus for 80 cents lol
The rest is self explanatory. You can do everything in the city................. ~
You know, this is the place where people from all over the world come to for touring and we get to be in it :)

I personally like the food court under Myer in Pitt St.

Last edited:

Superstar44

HSC
you can always go up to crown street and shop for vintage garments.... there's nothing better than finding a bargain right people... all you need to do is go to central station bus depot and catch the 378 up oxford street i mean you can go to paddington aswell check out Capital L... for all those delicious australian fashion designers.... also check out all the little galleries around the area..

juni

juni
HSC
i love the city and the location of uts.
You can go everywhere with ease :)

Superstar44

HSC
best thing is you can always catch a bus down to newtown ... i mean shopping galore there.... or china town lol

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
Is there a microwave on campus? The one that's meant to be in tower building near the vending machines isn't there anymore:\

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Hermzie said:
Is there a microwave on campus? The one that's meant to be in tower building near the vending machines isn't there anymore:\
That's because the microwave is broken - presumably they're going to fix/replace it. Apart from that I don't know of another one (which doesnt mean there isnt, just that i havent found one yet) so my friends and I just default to asking the food court workers for a spin on their microwave.

HSC
N/A
kami said:
That's because the microwave is broken - presumably they're going to fix/replace it. Apart from that I don't know of another one (which doesnt mean there isnt, just that i havent found one yet) so my friends and I just default to asking the food court workers for a spin on their microwave.
it was broken but then they replaced/fixed it cuz i used it to heat up my leftovers (I am so hot!) unless it's gone AGAIN :(

but apparently you can use the one they have in the student association if you ask them :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)