• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Greater Union (2 Viewers)

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
michael1990 said:
I would say try out for Projection it equals no customer interaction, relaxed atmosphere and being able to fix things. + much better money.
i don't think projection is something you can just get into straight away, you'd have to have worked there for a while, like at least a year. and i'm pretty sure everyone has to start off as an usher cause it's a fucking cinch, and then you'll get trained for candy bar/ticket selling/cash handling as you go.

anyway group interviews are easy, just be friendly and engaging and for christs sake don't be afraid to open your mouth and speak.

michael1990

HSC
tommykins said:
Not a stressing environment to work at - just pure boredom (ushering/cleaning toilets/cleaning cinemas/cinema checks etc. etc.)
Wrong.

We don't clean toilets.

We have separate cleaners who come in and do that.
Its stressful to some degree.

michael1990

HSC
Jachie said:
i don't think projection is something you can just get into straight away, you'd have to have worked there for a while, like at least a year. and i'm pretty sure everyone has to start off as an usher cause it's a fucking cinch, and then you'll get trained for candy bar/ticket selling/cash handling as you go.

anyway group interviews are easy, just be friendly and engaging and for christs sake don't be afraid to open your mouth and speak.
Wrong.

You actually apply for where you want to work.

If you want to start in a management position, usher, candy bar or projection.
Obviously it goes on past experience as well as personal attributes.

Jachie

HSC
that's not how it went where i worked dude.

michael1990

HSC
Jachie said:
that's not how it went where i worked dude.
Where did you work Jachie?
And was it with Greater Union?

I mean i have only been with them for about 3.5 years, so some changes could have been implemented before i was employed. But this is how it is now.

Jachie

HSC
yes it was greater union. that's why i'm adding my two cents here.

i started working there in i think november 2006. we were never asked what position we wanted to start off with, it was very much a 'start on floor and move up as you go along' kind of thing. maybe different theatres do it differently, i don't know. or maybe it's changed since THEN.

and yeah, we had to clean our own bathrooms too. not so much the toilet itself, but we still had to sweep the area and do flush checks and shit.

michael1990

HSC
Jachie said:
yes it was greater union. that's why i'm adding my two cents here.

i started working there in i think november 2006. we were never asked what position we wanted to start off with, it was very much a 'start on floor and move up as you go along' kind of thing. maybe different theatres do it differently, i don't know. or maybe it's changed since THEN.

and yeah, we had to clean our own bathrooms too. not so much the toilet itself, but we still had to sweep the area and do flush checks and shit.
Oh yeah.

Well when i was hired i choose where i wanted to be.
I still like being Supervisor on the floor though :)
Its awesome lol...

Which GU did you work at?
Or who was your Business Manager?
And why did yuo leave?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)