Greatest ever game created....ever (1 Viewer)

muldersgun

HSC
Goldeneye on Nintendo 64......the FPS that started it all. Great gameplay, cool levels and one of the first multiplayer games ever.

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
Hrm, you cant really say which game is the best. It differs for each person. But these are, imho, the best of all time:

Strategy: Starcraft/Warcraft3 and Age of Empires 2. Self explanatory. Heaps of skill required, unlike many other games out today. I mean, these games you actually need to use your brain. Take, for instance, Red Alert 2. One of the most entertaining games i've played, but no depth. You can master it very quickly. Not so with these games.

FPS: Unreal Tournament was a favourite. Wolfenstein 3D was the first FPS i ever played. Return to Castle Wolfenstein was prolly my favourite single player.

RPG/Adventure: Zelda Ocarina of Time and FF7/8 are the only games worth wasting time on (all games are a waste of time :D ). In fact, my signature has rinoa, doesnt it? goddamn rinoa is a good looking character. And in FF7, Cloud has been rated by Gamespot as the second best character to have ever been created, with the antagonist Sephiroth in the top 10 for best villain ever created. Heck, no other game comes close to character creation as in the Final Fantasy series. I guarantee that in ff7, you will start to cry when Aeris dies, and in ff8 you will cry at the end. SSOOOOO touching.

My all time favourite: Counterstrike. hehe, when this game came out it was a killer. Everyone played it. It was the game that introduced Online Multiplayer games to MANY MANY people. It held most popular online game title for a year, and most prolly still holds it. approx 40000+ people are playing it right now, and thats just online. Think about all those cafes... I gave it up 2 months ago to concentrate on my year 12, but i was actually pretty good. My clan reached the World Cyber Games national qualifiers for Australia :D , I've upgraded my whole computer just to play this game. Best mouse in the world, headphones, sound, monitor, heck even a mouse pad.

If you have never tried any of the games listed above, i'd say you should try them. but not if your in year 12. Its not worth playing games for the opportunity cost of maybe even as little as 2 extra UAI marks. Esp cs, if you start playing cs, you gonna fail your hsc maite, trust me. Its that addicting. :)

Last edited:
CONTER STRIKKKEEEEEE!!!! THE ULLTIMATE IS COMING BACK AGAIN! WOOHOOO! AS SOON AS THIS HSC IS OVER!
i STAR ZONE CITY HERE I COME!

HSC
Originally posted by muldersgun
Goldeneye on Nintendo 64......the FPS that started it all. Great gameplay, cool levels and one of the first multiplayer games ever.
Nah, Wolfenstein 3D started it...

CasaNovo

HSC
N/A
I rekon wolfenstien started it all, and doom and ROTT (rise of the triad).
Favourite games would be:

Starcraft/Broodwars; so simple, yet effective. Excellent gameplay, teams balanced with strength & weaknesses.

Dues Ex: this game rocks. what makes it so good is you have absolute freedom to do whatever/whenever you want. Go stealth mode or full guns blazing all up too you.

Half-life/Counter-strike: Half-life rocks, i love the storyline, very mysterious. Played them all Opposing Force (where you play a grunt soldier) and Blue-Shift (where you play Barney the security guard)!
Well, Cs is the best multi-player game I rekon. SO much fun, playing with your mates at a lan or home whatever.

HSC
yeah Doom as well... don't know about RotT though... I think Quake had much more of an effect, especially in regards to multiplayer gaming...

I agree with you on the other games though... except for Deus Ex, which I've only played the demo of...

I'd add Age of Empires II and Rise of Nations... I personally prefer these to the Starcraft and Warcraft games... cos of their complexity (diplomacy, trading, borders etc.) and cos I'm a bit of a history buff...

chris42

HSC
Originally posted by CasaNovo

Favourite games would be:

Starcraft/Broodwars; so simple, yet effective. Excellent gameplay, teams balanced with strength & weaknesses.

Starcraft is another one of my favourites :d

chris42

HSC
Originally posted by kouri
bubble bobble
Hehe.. I was playing that the other day.. I used to play it all the time when i was young, and I only recently found it.

HSC
OMG I WAS TRYING TO DOWNLOAD THAT THE OTHER DAY! but no one seems to have the arcade version!!!

CHRIS WHERE DID YOU FIND IT?!?!?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
not on any console or pc...

but the best idea for a game must be Russian Roulette (sp?)

:)

jkz

nah Legend of Zelda III on SNES, FF6 on SNES, Chrono Trigger On SNES, GOldeneye N64, Ocarina of Time N64, Chrono Cross PS1, KingdomHearts PS2, Windwaker GC, Halo XboX....

pc....too many to name, AoE series, C&C, HL + mods, Q3, UT, meh ...too tired to list anymore

chris42

HSC
Originally posted by snobby airlines
OMG I WAS TRYING TO DOWNLOAD THAT THE OTHER DAY! but no one seems to have the arcade version!!!

CHRIS WHERE DID YOU FIND IT?!?!?
Well I must confess unless you have an apple you may have a bit of a problem using it.. i'm normally using PC's it just the apple's my "arcade games computer".

kouri

well w t f
HSC
um...i have it.
but i have no idea where i dowlnoaded it ..sorry

and um... its pc version...
i use the MAME emulator for it..

and bubble is only fun when playing with other players.. :)

did you all clock the game?? the arcade version.

Last edited:

kouri

well w t f
HSC
okay it looks like i'm spamming now..

HAS ANYONE EVER HEARD OF....
the MAGIC CASTLE II!
yes i'm looking for II

BUT OH MY GOD IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST RPGS I PLAYED WHEN I WAS........er....6.?
possibly the only rpg i played...BUT OH MY GOD it was SO GOOD
and i never got to finish it cuz i think....i moved to australia by then.
and and.yeah..............................................

HSC
whats this about mame32?
kouri it dont work amigo (or unless i try again later) this is what it says:

Dear Member,

Your account has exceeded the traffic quota limit for the day.
Please try your action again later.

If you require further information or explanation for this error,
you may contact your customer support representative.

Your Support Team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)