Greek World 500- 440 (1 Viewer)

Arch-man

I loved the Persian Wars question, because that's what we spent 5 weeks on in class.

The questions in Section 4 were crap, though.

mannnnndy

chocoholic
I loved the persian wars question. wrote 9 pages on it. It kinda sucked how Augustus was in section 3 as well as the persian wars. Oh well its over thats all that matters :cool:
Hey smegger are you sure that you're allowed to do a question thats different from the one you did in class? Cause doesnt your teacher tell the BOS what options you did and if you did a different one in the hsc it might not count?

Jenjen

I did the development of Athenian democracy
I don't think many people will have done that
And i don;t know whether BOS would know- I wouldnt have thought so
I say you coulda done whatever you want

Jellymonsta

You were able to do any question, so long as there was one for each section. Obviously people who do that are generally at a serious disadvantage.

Jabba

I did the Greek World 500-440 in Section 3, Persian Wars question was beautiful.

The questions in Section 4 for Greek World 446-399 were absolutely piss-poor, so I took the navy question and basically turned it into "There wouldn't have been a need for naval power if Athens hadn't been so stupid and began the Sicilian Expedition". I full on blasted the Athenians for a few pages. I was quite happy with it, don't know how the markers will like it though.. :cool:

Jenjen

Sweet Jabba
I'm all for making wanky arguments! As long as you back it up it'll all turn out ok. Nice work dude :)
Catch ya!

ben

I did the "Account for the transformation of the delian leauge into an Athenian Empire" - I thought it was quite an easy question since it was only an 'account for'...

I would have prefered to do the Cimon question, but it clashed with my other topic. Plus the question i did you needed to talk about Cimon anyway.

Last edited:

ben

Smegger,

What question did you do from that other Greek Period by the way?

I just looked at all the questions on the later greek world period were on the Great Pelopponesian War. Did you actually know stuff on this even though it's not in the 500-400 period syallabus?

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
Melbourne, or as it shoulda, could, woulda been ca
HSC
I dont think my teacher ever got a copy of the syllabus because he taught us more about solon and the bith of democracy and the pelopensian wars then about the persian wars. It was interesting, but we pretty much skipt the period we were meant to be studying!
Also, the question i did was the cause of the pelopensian wars one, so i knew background stuff like Athenian imperialism and hostility between Athens and Sparta from the limited amount my teacher actually taught us.

Nusrat

i did greek world 800-500BC........these qns on the gk world r stupid......who the heck wants to learn bou devpt of democracy in athens, and crap like colonisation and tyranny........BOS is mean

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)