Greek world 500-440BC...can I assume that the question will be this format? (1 Viewer)

ichigoweasel

HSC
Every half-yearly, trial and practice exam I have done for the Ancient History paper on The Greek World 500-440BC, it seems that there is *always* a choice to do an extended response on either a) something to do with the Persian Wars or b) something to do with the Delian League/Athenian Imperialism.
I've looked at past papers all the way back to 1995 and its the same thing. (although some of them had three choices) One of the HSC preparation guides I got has the whole Greek World 500-440 BC unit split into two chapters, Persian Wars and Delian League/Anthenian Imperialism.

Thus, can I assume that it'll follow that format this year?
The thing is, I'm good at the Persian Wars. If I just have to write an essay on something to do with the Persian Wars, then I have no worries.
For some reason, I just cant seem to do the Delian League/imperialism stuff. I just cant remember it. Its dangerously close the history exam now, but the stuff just leaks out of my head. But I'm fine at Persian Wars.
I thought to myself, "Then dont bother revising the Delian League if it's just gonna be a waste of time; if you're not going to remember anything. Use that time to polish up your Persian Wars knowledge."
Right, that's a good idea, I think, there's no point getting stressed and wasting the time I could be using to improve on my Persian Wars knowledge even more. But then I get the horrible feeling that what if for some reason there's only one question? Or one of them ISNT on the Persian Wars?
So eventually I came here.

Apologies: I apologise if this has been asked already. I also apologise for the long post.

Cpt obvious

HSC
It is most likely that they will give us a question on both the Persian wars and the delian league. But they can give a really hard question on the persian wars (because everyone chooses it) and an easy one on delian league

adrenaline rush

Schoolies 1-18/Dec/06
HSC
I would assume that you can just study one of those subsections because thats what i'm doing- the Delian League. Just because they go easier on the topic and theres more sources, so the chance of you raking out an essay thats long and has lots of separate points is higher (Its REALLY hard though, so much stuff happens within the last years of the period its unbelievable.)

Anyway even if they did put in one question then im guessing it'll be on the Persian Wars, simply because many people do it and there won't be some massive ancient history student uprising. Also its the main point of the topic. Ie. you will be safe and i shall be completely screwed over. :bomb:

Also, i doubt itll differ in format this year because theyve just introduced the Pompeii/Herc topic, it would be extremely stupid to change the format of the rest of the questions. LOL you can assume they'll be marking Pompeii/Herc extremely easy this year, just because its new.

kazan

im a herooo
at home, in the study, on a chair, infront of a co
HSC
tamorapierce13 said:
It'll be an essay either on the Greco-Persian Wars, the Delian League/Athenian Empire transformation, or a personality such as Themistocles or Militiades or Cimon and their contribution to the Wars/the League, etc.
yeh he is right

you could have to assess the contributions of leaders

or something like that

but it will be on those topics

purplepixie

HSC
Interesting.. I seem to be better at the Delian League and Athenian Imperialism.
I just can't remember all the battles and stuff for the Persian wars, urgh.

xinxin89

HSC
omg.....i'm so tempted to just study for one of them - wars of DL

this chapter has soooo much detail in it, cant remember it all

plus is the key democratic dot-point still in the syllabus? my teacher says it's not anymore

and the nature, composition of pelop league is only a minor dot-point, not likely they'll ask u to write an essay on it

so i'm thinking of just skipping those two dot-point

so anyone taking the risk of learning either wars or DL?

~kiki

HSC
xinxin89 said:
omg.....i'm so tempted to just study for one of them - wars of DL

this chapter has soooo much detail in it, cant remember it all

plus is the key democratic dot-point still in the syllabus? my teacher says it's not anymore

and the nature, composition of pelop league is only a minor dot-point, not likely they'll ask u to write an essay on it

so i'm thinking of just skipping those two dot-point

so anyone taking the risk of learning either wars or DL?
Greetings xin--- you can guess who this is :p (psst... these people did their HSC in 2006)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)