Greetings and minimizing awkwardness (2 Viewers)

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
so last night i had an extremely awkward greeting with a person who i maybe am in love with but as yet don't know very well

so, as i understand it, if you don't know the person very well:

men + men = handshake (easy)
women + women = hug? kiss on cheek? (here im lacking a little. hug is maybe too forward. kiss maybe? but thats heaps fake and shit...anyway i seem to navigate around this one somehow)

men + women = ????????? hug? kiss on cheek? handshake (surely not!)

it ended up being an awkward hug/kiss combo.
i hate awkward. whats your protocol?

ItsColinoOo0o

HSC
first time meeting or like you know him alot?

hugs/ kisses on the cheek work

but if they dont work out or seem to awkward there is always the wave or a smile =]

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
guyz = handshake/ kiss if they r hot :eek:
womans = kiss on da cheek/ hugzzz

the, raise hand and wave to the person is very safe.
I use it alot :shy:

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I'm a hugger :eek:

Melli you could have totally got some tongue, 'sif you aren't already in.
And men/women handshake is just....no. If you don't feel that a hug/kiss is right, then like Dan said, a raised hand/wave/acknowledgement should suffice

Last edited:

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
yeah. ive met this guy quite a few times before. even been to his house... (cue anotehr VERY awkward greeting. god...the 'birthday' kiss. lol)
it doesnt help that the first time i met him my friend was all like "LOL MELI THINKS YR HAWT" :(

i normally do the smile and wave. but he waved at me first to come over, and i was like oh, hey ...lol... hug?

haha ash and ben. :shy: shutup

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Hahaha that's not really a solid first greeting line, if someone did that to me I'd be like :( and run away probably.

If he waves for you to come over ooh that's a toughie, you'd have to be like oh hey! then hug him, if you engage in conversation then going for a hug is a big no no :eek:

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
bazookajoe said:
Hahaha that's not really a solid first greeting line, if someone did that to me I'd be like :( and run away probably.

If he waves for you to come over ooh that's a toughie, you'd have to be like oh hey! then hug him, if you engage in conversation then going for a hug is a big no no :eek:
wait wait, what? i dont understand the last sentence :eek:

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
This one time a girl I know called me over from across the room and I was like yeah sup. And she said hi! How are you? And we talk for like 30 seconds and she attempts to kiss me on the cheek after all that. That was kind of weird.

Either hug/kiss on cheek straight away, or not at all

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
bazookajoe said:
This one time a girl I know called me over from across the room and I was like yeah sup. And she said hi! How are you? And we talk for like 30 seconds and she attempts to kiss me on the cheek after all that. That was kind of weird.

Either hug/kiss on cheek straight away, or not at all
haha oh. i understand. thats really awkward

and ash. thats not how i rollllllllllllllll fool

HSC
I've always taken a hug to be less forward and more subtle than a kiss on the cheek. Or is that just me?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
girls - hug/kiss (if they're close friends or they're a demonstrative type of person otherwise its a little odd)

guys - ditto

guys handshake with other guys and thats about it really. unless they're really close friends, or gay.

for complete randoms or people i've only met like once before, i tend to just wave, or hug if the other person initiates it.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I pretty much just say 'hey' since most of the girls I know are in the 'don't know well enough or see often enough to hug' category

james_vladmamir

HSC
With guys: handshake
With girls: handshake

What's wrong with shaking hands with a girl? I find it's at least better than a wave.

Also, for the guys out there, do you find it a bit weird doing handshake with your best mates? Cos I handshake with randoms and people that i knew semi-well, but I don't do it with my closest friends.

Mabs

Meowmix
HSC
Hugs are the best answer IMHO with girls and a handshake for a guy. I hug my good male friends occasionally but that's just for the lulz.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
james_vladmamir said:

What's wrong with shaking hands with a girl? I find it's at least better than a wave.

Also, for the guys out there, do you find it a bit weird doing handshake with your best mates? Cos I handshake with randoms and people that i knew semi-well, but I don't do it with my closest friends.
its a touch wierd and socially retarded imo

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
james_vladmamir said:

Nah we just hi5 as hard as fucking possible.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
james_vladmamir said:

Real men shake each others fucking hands.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
meh handshake, it's sometimes weird though if you're meant to be close friends or whatever and have hugged numerous times before... I just don't find the need to force something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)