Greetings and minimizing awkwardness (1 Viewer)

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
melimoo said:
haha oh. i understand. thats really awkward
Yeah it was strange :(
I'd hug you anytime but ;) :eek:

And the guy/girl handshake is really really weird, I think it'd make it more awkward if anything

sthcross.dude

HSC
回复: Re: Greetings and minimizing awkwardness

bazookajoe said:
Yeah it was strange :(
I'd hug you anytime but ;) :eek:

And the guy/girl handshake is really really weird, I think it'd make it more awkward if anything
i dont hug people ive just met, instead of a handshake i usually just sort of hold hands for a bit with girls. also i dont shake guys hands much. just a wave. or if i havent seen someone for ages a hug.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
When meeting girls for the first time I will usually shake their hand just like they were a dude. Girls I've met before, kiss on the cheek and girls I know really well probably hug.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
naw thanks guys. you guys dont fit into protocol. its pretty much "do whatever to show that you love these cats"

what about a hand kiss?? i've hand one of those before. incredibly suave. but takes alot of courage

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
melimoo said:
naw thanks guys. you guys dont fit into protocol. its pretty much "do whatever to show that you love these cats"

what about a hand kiss?? i've hand one of those before. incredibly suave. but takes alot of courage
So fucking tryhard, I hate guys who do that. Seriously, for male/female kiss on the cheek is always a safe bet.

Also there is the dude hug but thats a tricky one. It's gotta be the one shoulder, pat on the back then move apart.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I would never go a hand kiss unless I was incredibly drunk or had the personality to back it up

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
the fact that he was gay and we had met before a few times probably made it okay. if it was meeting for the first time i'd be incredibly wierded out..that is unless they were hot, in which case they probably couldnt do anything wrong bar an ass-slap

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
Riet said:
So fucking tryhard, I hate guys who do that. Seriously, for male/female kiss on the cheek is always a safe bet.

Also there is the dude hug but thats a tricky one. It's gotta be the one shoulder, pat on the back then move apart.
also on this note, hows the handshake-hug thing. a bit too testosterone for girls

man i wish i had a y chromosome. so much less social awkwardness

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
melimoo said:
also on this note, hows the handshake-hug thing. a bit too testosterone for girls

man i wish i had a y chromosome. so much less social awkwardness
You really think so?

Pace_T

HSC
guys/guys shake hands
guys/girls, duno depends on how much i know them, usually just a hey hows it going or whatever. if theyre really close friends just a semi kiss on the cheek and yeah. but shaking hands with a girl is awkward and hugging is too gay (ironically) hehe

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
guy/guy- usually a handshake, or a hug if i havent seen them in ages
guy/girl- either a wave, hug or kiss on the cheek, but more likely the latter....unless theyre asian, which means theyre so frigid they move away when you attempt to kiss/hug them :/

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
melimoo said:
so last night i had an extremely awkward greeting with a person who i maybe am in love with but as yet don't know very well

so, as i understand it, if you don't know the person very well:

men + men = handshake (easy)
women + women = hug? kiss on cheek? (here im lacking a little. hug is maybe too forward. kiss maybe? but thats heaps fake and shit...anyway i seem to navigate around this one somehow)

men + women = ????????? hug? kiss on cheek? handshake (surely not!)

it ended up being an awkward hug/kiss combo.
i hate awkward. whats your protocol?

heheh ive had this before, she went in for a kiss on the cheek, i went in for a hug :eek:

well if it's going to be a hug make sure you like indicate well before you two are close enough to kiss on cheek, like put your arms out and be like OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG [INSERT NAMEEEEEEEE] YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY and hug him

or something

i reckon hug if you two are good friends.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Greetings/goodbyes I'll tend to follow the girl's lead, which is usually a hug if I know them well, otherwise just a wave or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)