group & individual performance (1 Viewer)

Hannah

UNSW - Arts
HSC
How's everyone's GDP going??
We had a drama night last Wednesday and only just finished it - I'm so glad it's finished now though. This week and next week are trials, so then we have to cut it down to the time limit and tighten it in one weekend..... eep!!

Also IP (performance) - major stressing...... my script still isn't finished and I saw a video of me performing what I've got and it's TERRIBLE!! Can anyone say melodrama?

natt

Group

Hey we have had 2many problems with our drama group, and our teacher is the most negative bitch u have come across so we r out to prove her wrong, we have become the best of buds and we havent killed each other YET!
we still have about a week to do so...

best of luck with IP and group preformances

Let me say that the 8-12 mins will in no way reflect the hardwork we have put in and the process of ideas not workn:rolleyes:

Hannah

UNSW - Arts
HSC
Re: Group

Hahaha we killed each other once - had this huge bitch fight over (of all things) coffee!! :D

haha but we got over it. It needed to happen really. Five girls in one group all with really strong minds about their ideas = accident waiting to happen ;)

Our teacher is a saviour!! We got her at the start of this year, and she saved us from screwing up our drama HSC's. The teacher we had last year SUCKED and hardly taught us anything on Bush& the city. Our teacher now is an HSC marker so it's nice to know what sort of marks we'll be getting (although sometimes it's a bit degrading - she marks us hard :( )

natt

group

:) i cannot wait till the whole thing is over its been a long long but FUN journey...our drama teacher calls herself and expert well i call her a "bitch!"
she is pretty harsh i think theres a line between constructive critiscm and just negativity!

wens ur trial?
.......best of luck!

Hannah

UNSW - Arts
HSC
Re: group

That's gotta suck about your teacher :(

Ours is so sweet to us. She gave us all a pink gerbera(sp?) with a little pink ribbon on it just before our performance night the other night - it was so sweet!!

OOOhhhhh yes!! I know what you mean - a very very hard and long, but also fun journey. I could really do with IP performance being out of the way.... I'm not going to miss that at all - I'm so sick of it!! But Group - it'll be a relief when it's over, but I dunno..... I think I'll feel lost without it! :(

My trials are now - this week and next week. Drama is on Monday. I'm not bothered about it - we did the same thing in the half-yearlies, and we'll do the same in the HSC so screw it. It's ancient and bio I'm worried about!! eep!!

When's yours?

gonzalina

Your groups cant be as bad as mine!

theres three of us, and they always seem to overrule me on the important desicions, and i just feel like they're stuffing up my hsc even more.

at least in thirteen days it will all be over, and ip and gp will be done! :)

you dont know how many times we have changed what we are doing, we spent ages on it at the end of last term, then BANG, in the second week of school holidays THEY decide to completely change it, going back to what we originally had, which we changed because it was crap and not going anywhere. then one of them never wanted to do anything, and so the two other members were blowing steam at each other, and im just sitting there quietly in the background waiting for them to get back to work, because as it was, it was in my double free when i could have been going home and working on my ip, as i had to hand it into school the next day. then i spent a the only day i had in the first week of my trials off, at school, practising (cause we had to do it the next day) and they couldnt even be bothered to stay and go through it once after we had DECIDED how it should go. AND they didnt want to come early to go through it once before we did it, yet they INSISTED on being the first group to do it!

so basically my group now drives me insane, and i cant wait till after the 30th, cause by that stage we will have done it for the HSC, and i can stop stressing about!

i hope none of you have this many problems...

flosh's gurl

our group is going fine except for the fact that the only guy in it has a problem in the fact that he is the laziest shit ever!!!!!! he refuses to participate in anything and doesn't give a crap if we pass or fail. we have our final assessment on thursday and dont have a final script. at least my trials have finished! but by the 2nd of september it will all be done. thats my only consilation.

spce girl

our group was going really well until two girls in our group stuffed up big time halfway through... still, we went ok though

Confuzzled?!

HSC
Originally posted by spce girl
our group was going really well until two girls in our group stuffed up big time halfway through... still, we went ok though
ur telling me!!

we had 5 people in our group...
one decided to drop out of yr12 and the other one..is just mental...
>_<

So now we're down to 3.....and we have nothing done! and we're being marked on the 27th!!!!!:( *CRIES*
SCREWED! Stuffed! and our's is like what? 7 mintues maybe?!?!

omg....omg...omggg....screwed....

oh yeah....whoever said their teacher is a bitch! i'm with ya! my drama teach is a bitch!!!

there's 3 drama grouups......and she goes to us one lesson "i'll split the time so i'll see all of you" and what happens..she's with her "Favourite" Group for a whole bloody hour...there's only 75minutes in our lesson!
so then she comes..spends 5minutes talk...and 5 minutes with my group..and 5 minutes with the other group!!!
we're screwed!!!!

~bec~

Re: Re: Group

Originally posted by Hannah
Hahaha we killed each other once - had this huge bitch fight over (of all things) coffee!! :D

haha but we got over it. It needed to happen really. Five girls in one group all with really strong minds about their ideas = accident waiting to happen ;)

Our teacher is a saviour!!

our group is the best, yes so what we are all stubborn and strong willed to the extent of being bloody minded but we had our aaaah, heated discussion and we are so over it...

and seriously, if our new teacher hadnt come and you know taught us something other than improvisation, we would be screwed!!
now we're only screwed cause we're lazy!!!

On a new point
whats everyones "topic"?? (not the ones that are issued but actually what is about)

Confuzzled?!

HSC
Topic? Topic? not chaos theory and stuff? lol.

i don't think we have a topic.
we have Fake Fortune Teller..aussie builder and a schoolgirl....lmao.

that'se all we have so far.

Ubiquitous

OK GET THIS!!

Alright so at the begining of hols we had some stuff. we went back to school and showed him what we had and this is what my drama teacher said
(bythe way i have the most.. how should i say...not really arogant but just LOVES THE SH!T that comes out of his mouth)

"you have some good ide.... no wait i wont say that. you have some good images and good energy"

so i said FU$%

so we worked on it and it wasn;t getting better.

There were two iin my group. One is on the verge of being skitzophrenic and the other is a major Stoner. SO IM STUCK IN THE MIDDLE OF TWO FREAKS!!!!!!!!

Then to make things worse the stoner friend decides "sorry guys im dropping out of school"
So i said FUC^%*^#@*%*@#%^%^%&%@%#@%@%k

so now i had myself and some freak who you cant tell im his in this world or his own.

Luckily i managed to organise a boy (might i say a really good actor0- from the year below. so everything is pretty good now

But Jease im mean the stress i went through.

Oh and by the way my skitz friend broke 4 chairs in different rehersals. He
Just snaps and goes into WRATH for no reason.
WELL GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!!!

Hannah

UNSW - Arts
HSC
Joisus...... that's pretty bad :( I'm glad we have our group!!

Hey, having good energy is a major thing - something which we tend to lack after our teacher making us do the "frenzy" scene a million and one times so she can "just see it one more time"......

there's a reason we called it the "frenzy scene" and there's a reason it's short :mad:

~bec~

Ha well guys, i suppose the only reason we have a good teacher is because our old one (who hated us...well some of us) was useless and left...
if we hadnt got the new one....*shudder* i dont want to think about it

but we have our fair share of "helpful drama assistents" read: COMPLETELY USELESS!!!!

oh wellat least our group is good...well we're still talking to each other...dunno if we will be tomorrow but hey...we have a piece. I spose i should be grateful for that

gonzalina

Well, we were supposed to be doing ours again tonight at drama night...*laugh laugh* the other two groups from my school arent doing it, because in one group one of their members has really really bad tonsilitis and missed half the trials and still isnt better, and in the other group one of the members isnt well either. Then, one of the members in my group, who never ever turns up, was away until like lunch time, so we arent going to do it tonight! Although, we did find out, that the school can do something about this member, because they know she is never ever around, and write a thingy to the BoS. except, that makes me feel really mean, even though she is being unfair to me and the other person in my group!

on another note, i got back my IP off my teacher today, she gave it a 6/10! so i have to do LOTS of work on that....hmph....it was crap anyway...

Ubiquitous

Dont feel mean

Seriously about the person who doesn;t do anything

STUFF 'EM

There comes a time where you have rto be selfish a bit and conentrate on getting the best mark YOU can.
It happend with my friend that dropped out. It came to a point where i said to my teachers "I CANT WORK WITH HIM" cos he never did any thing cos no MOTOVATION (weed is such an EVIL drug... occasionly its ok but NOT FRIGING EVERDAY EVEN AT REHERSALS.)

natt

our group piece is all done!

we have one week till our hsc and its all done it is hilarious,needs lots of ploishing but what can i say *sigh*
I have made a very close group of friends!!!
I hope everything works out for everyone!
BEST OF LUCK DRAMA QUEENS N KINGS OF 2002.....;)
:p

Hannah

UNSW - Arts
HSC
Re: our group piece is all done!

Originally posted by natt
DRAMA QUEENS
hahah yes that's so us! That's our excuse for everything stupid we do - we need a sign saying "DRAMA STUDENTS" hehehe

yeah good luck everyone!!

J_Walker

Originally posted by flosh's gurl
our group is going fine except for the fact that the only guy in it has a problem in the fact that he is the laziest shit ever!!!!!! he refuses to participate in anything and doesn't give a crap if we pass or fail. we have our final assessment on thursday and dont have a final script. at least my trials have finished! but by the 2nd of september it will all be done. thats my only consilation.
Yeah, we have one guiy like that, he is 21 yrs old and doesnt care what he gets, he never shows up and when he does he just sits there and gives no input, we were wrooied that when the day came he would stuff it up for us cos he doesnt know his lines!!!!. What you gotta do with people like that is file for Misadventure, tell yout teacher and he/she will do something. We managed to do fine in the HSC marking of it, The guy knew his lines ( only cos we killed him off in the first scene , so he had only 3 lines altogether), but file for misadventure anyway.

Hope it helps

J_Walker

Re: Re: Re: Group

Originally posted by ~bec~

our group is the best, yes so what we are all stubborn and strong willed to the extent of being bloody minded but we had our aaaah, heated discussion and we are so over it...

and seriously, if our new teacher hadnt come and you know taught us something other than improvisation, we would be screwed!!
now we're only screwed cause we're lazy!!!

On a new point
whats everyones "topic"?? (not the ones that are issued but actually what is about)
Our topic is that of americanism taking over aussie TV, it is dooooo damn fun to do cos it ends in a bloodbath onstage with 2 litres of fake blood we made, it goes off, we have bottles of the stuff to squirt all over the stage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)