Group Performance Topics? (1 Viewer)

chocaholiic

HSC
Hey, does anyone know the topics for group performance this year, or atleast where i can find them?

thanx a bunch

choca

aimstar555

HSC
they should deffinatly find them on the boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au website, but from memory they are:

*the case
*ark
*underground
*state of play
*peeling
*crossing the line
*perpeptual motion
*bussiness as usual

have fun with the whole thing and i hope u gotta good group :)

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Skillo said:
Not that they are really THAT important...(and kids, I'm not telling you to ignore them.)
Hmmm... Skillo, are you endorsing that the students somehow create a play and then work backwards to find a topic that could've been their jumping off point? :p. The topics are good for playbuilding exercises I think, just to create Tableaux, and short pieces that can somehow form a part of your play. But You're right, its not like there is extensive investigation by the markers and if they don't believe your story, they fail you... Its more to help you with your initial stages.

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
Will_Sparky said:
Hmmm... Skillo, are you endorsing that the students somehow create a play and then work backwards to find a topic that could've been their jumping off point? :p. The topics are good for playbuilding exercises I think, just to create Tableaux, and short pieces that can somehow form a part of your play. But You're right, its not like there is extensive investigation by the markers and if they don't believe your story, they fail you... Its more to help you with your initial stages.
No no. I'm not endorsing that at all.

I endorse Weeties though, they taste real good with honey. :p

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Skillo said:
No no. I'm not endorsing that at all.

I endorse Weeties though, they taste real good with honey. :p
You know, I think its about time they put a drama - person- on the cover of the weeties box... what have sports people ever done?!

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
Will_Sparky said:
You know, I think its about time they put a drama - person- on the cover of the weeties box... what have sports people ever done?!
Yeah. Stuff this Thorpie, Trevor Hendy shit. I want to eat breakfast with Cate Blanchett. :p

Oh, and ppl, let's not get off topic...brainstorm every word and make a 3 min improv out of each word if you have the time...if you get stuck for ideas :)

pirotess4

HSC
N/A
I think my groups doing peeling, something about a rock girl band going wrong or something - i dont get any say in it - i just have to follow what they say all the time. I think it sucks to be honest - they have no idea what they're doing

HSC
we have just brainstormed ideas for all and eliminating the crap ones. we have a 3 person group so its like an australian idol audition, i it gets 2 votes it stays. its working well suprisingly..

chocaholiic

HSC
thanks for the topics guys. We have 6ppl in our group, coz thats our whole class. We're all friends tho, so it shoudlnt b that bad!

choci

chibi_teazer

HSC
pirotess4 said:
I think my groups doing peeling, something about a rock girl band going wrong or something - i dont get any say in it - i just have to follow what they say all the time. I think it sucks to be honest - they have no idea what they're doing
You need to get into it... if they choose something crap, even though its an individual mark, the whole group will be marked less because of the 'overall' feel of the piece... talk to them... explain that you aren't comfortable with what they're doing... tis for your own good... compromise!

Peartie

HSC
I have 4 peeps in mine and we just all sat down and brainstormed ideas then we got the best of them then we started mishing them together....in a way u could say ours is :underground" but i dont know....

pirotess4

HSC
N/A
chibi_teazer said:
You need to get into it... if they choose something crap, even though its an individual mark, the whole group will be marked less because of the 'overall' feel of the piece... talk to them... explain that you aren't comfortable with what they're doing... tis for your own good... compromise!
Yeah we've figured things out and it's all good know, the ideas we've come up with together are good and im comfortable performing all of it so it's all good - i have learned to comprimise!!

Last edited:

hepunksmenot

HSC
i just wanted to add to the thread a problem which me and another member of my group have encountered...well before our class even started talking about group performances me and 3 other people had sed that we deifnately want our group to consist of the 4, but because of extra people our teacher split us up! this annoys me coz there is a group of 5 which could have been split up and us 4 are the only ones that put the effort in in class!! im not trying to sound big headed like we're so smart and blah blah blah....it just annoys me that now im with someone i wanted to work with in the beginning, so thats fine but with someone who is extremely slow, doesnt come to class often and thinks that EVERYTHING can be incorporated into a play! so now its a group of 3 which is going nowhere! and whats worse is i need drama when i finish school, and i dont think that im going to get good marks for this!
if anyone can help me get out of this prediciment....i am open to hear any suggestions....because it seems the only way the groups will work is if someone in our class drops the subject or gets kicked out, and getting kicked out may not be that hard for my third group member, and another lazy person in my class, but that could not happen and i cant rely on this!!
thanks people!!

pirotess4

HSC
N/A
hepunksmenot said:
i just wanted to add to the thread a problem which me and another member of my group have encountered...well before our class even started talking about group performances me and 3 other people had sed that we deifnately want our group to consist of the 4, but because of extra people our teacher split us up! this annoys me coz there is a group of 5 which could have been split up and us 4 are the only ones that put the effort in in class!! im not trying to sound big headed like we're so smart and blah blah blah....it just annoys me that now im with someone i wanted to work with in the beginning, so thats fine but with someone who is extremely slow, doesnt come to class often and thinks that EVERYTHING can be incorporated into a play! so now its a group of 3 which is going nowhere! and whats worse is i need drama when i finish school, and i dont think that im going to get good marks for this!
if anyone can help me get out of this prediciment....i am open to hear any suggestions....because it seems the only way the groups will work is if someone in our class drops the subject or gets kicked out, and getting kicked out may not be that hard for my third group member, and another lazy person in my class, but that could not happen and i cant rely on this!!
thanks people!!
Hmmm i dont know if i can help but your drama teacher probably split you higher acheivers up to make the others who dont turn up get into it and kind of even out the playing field. I think you should tell these people how much drama means and just freak them out about the HSC because drama is marked very hard - you have to show dedication and team effort and these people will bring your marks down. Dont stress too much because you are marked individually so atleast you have that. But you really need to talk to these people and go "look i know wat i'm doing ive been doing drama for a long time, HSC drama is really hard and we need to work together" etc. Sort out your differences in a lesson so you ALL can get good marks in your group performance, i mean if you're dedicated it's obvious you'll get a good individual mark but you need to talk to these people, get your ideas set as a group and get everyone involved. Hope ive helped a bit!

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
HSC Drama GPs are marked on individual performance. You are not dragged down by the people around you.

niteshade1312

HSC
but at teh same time, you want to be with people that can act and enable to show teh markers what you can do. That's why I am sooo proud of my group, and even though me and one other girl do have constant mismatches, we have all worked together.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)