Group Performances (1 Viewer)

blondesdoitbeta

HSC
hey, does anyone else hate their group atm?? gosh we've tried about 15 different ideas and then have finally decided on one but we have 2 hurry up with it!!!!! so far we have a beginning and om not even sure of the end yet.. At least we have our characters mapped out.. im relieved at that!!

So where is everyone else up to with their GPs???

Dancegirl99

HSC
My group is cool. I'm in a group of four, me being the only girl.
The boys are very funny talented actors but sometimes it's hard to keep them on task.(A bit frustrating) And we have had troubles with people being away last term.
They are supportive as I get bit neverous sometimes and sometimes I've clashed with some of their ideas. I think we will do well.
Goodluck Everyone with you GP!!!

SituationNoir

HSC
Our group was really stressful at the start aswell.
We had an idea, it was strong and we could have done heaps with it, but then the other three members of my group had to change, so I went with it as I didn't really have a choice.

Anyway, they came up with another idea that I thought was pretty weak and we've strengthened it now, but it still could be better. It's hard trying to be enthusiastic about something that you don't think will work. I put in ideas with mine, but it was difficult because the whole concept was quite shaky for awhile. All the same, it's better now, but it was very rushed and being in a position where your not sure where everythings going to be done on time, especially when you have heaps of other workd both inside and outside of school to do.

I personally, don't think they should have group work in the HSC, not to say i don't like group work, but it's very touch and go and considering all the things they put in place to ensure they you can get everything on time etc, its sort of wasted on group work because so much can go wrong.

sarina-jean

HSC
my group started out really good.
we we're all excited,and having a great time.

but now one chick is pretty much having a mental breakdown,and everytime the other two of us want to tweak somthing, the proverbial shite hits the fan.

cannot wait to get it done. trying to make the best of a bad situation, and i hope it works!
xx

dam1en

HSC
haha.
i used to loathe drama. it's pretty much ruined my hsc because our school takes it so seriously. i would have enjoyed school much more.
but we have just finished our drama trials where we performed our pieces to the public...my passion for drama has finally come back haha.
i wish someone told me before hand how full on it can get.

but..in regards to my group...
we started off well, but our main problem was that we were focusing on having a message. Our ideas weren't flowing so we decided to scrapt it and we started improvising a lot. just off random ideas and saw what came from it.
now we have pretty much completed everything...it just needs to become a bit tighter and staged a bit better. we went extremely well in trials so happy with that. we decided to focus on a style and perfect that. Our idea is simple and done well.

good luck dooods.

L.M.F

HSC
Our class has 3 groups of 3.

One group spends all time gossipping
One group has either one person away or two people away and they get nothing done

And my group has one person who turns up ever so often and helps me with ideas and one person who never turns up to school. I have actually written the whole GDP.

SituationNoir

HSC
I wrote the script for our group, which is still just...bleh.

One girl has now been away for who knows how long with 'the flu'
*sigh*

There's only so much one can take. I mean, a couple of days is ok, but it's been going on for so long and it's usually this one person who's away all the time. It's really annoying, particularly when we REALLY need to polish what we have or we're going to fail. Fail, fail. I'm going really well in IP and it would annoy me something chronic if my drama mark was affected by something as stupid as this. I know it's individual marking, but it's difficult all the same. It annoys me when people keep saying that I just have to do my best, because under the circumstances I am and if the group doesn't work well together it just makes it hard. Bleh.

sarina-jean

HSC
another group in my class, has this guy who just decided that he's not coming back to school after trials. they're freaking out.

my group is using no dialogue, which completly simplfies memorising a script of any kind and leaves us to concentrate on out movments and sound.
our trial for drama is next week, then its due on the 30th. my teacher wants to have ' a parents night' the night before the markers come. i think we all want to shoot her in the head.

i still loath drama.
xx

tobyostler

HSC
my group has finished and polished and we r ready for the HSC in 3 weeks......we get marked on the 30th of august...cant say the same for my IP though....its finished and memorised..just needs alot of polishing!!!!

i know what u mean though. my group has got this one chick hoo neva comes to rehearsals and is always away and she always goes out the night b4 our rehearsals......its soo fukin annoyin....i feel like im wasting my time.....but luckily im in a group with another 2 great, determined girls....3 guys 1 girl....its a dream...lol

xox:eek:

tehwhitefox

HSC
No dialogue?? I didn't even know that was possible. gahh at least your's isn't on the 20th!!!!

Loza33

HSC
Ours is actually done and working...

I never would have believed it...

We have this one guy who never shows up... he is about a millimetre away from failing his hsc because he never goes to any of his classes!! The other week we all yelled at him, got very angry, our teacher said he better start putting in effort or he would be kicked out of drama and the headmaster talked to him aswell.... so he has actually started to put in effort.. its great!! Plus we cast him as an integral part, but he doesnt do all the flips and physical stuff with us so we can practise without him!

Our HSC is on the 31st... less than two weeks.... we just need to practise so our physical stuff looks more fluid than thought out...

Maybe we can actually do this!! :O:O

nearlythere...

HSC
Our group gets along reasonably well, we came up with our idea rather quickly, and then had almost a whole term of doing nothing, but the end of term 2 we had our opening, new what the scenes were going to be about but that was pretty much it. The biggest problem with my group was that we all have a sort of 'meh...' attitude to school, like we don't care too much about how we go... except that I'm really passionate about drama and its the one subject I want to do well in.

Otherwise, its been pretty good, like all the other groups in my drama class (we have a pretty big class and have 4 groups of 4-5 people in each) have had clashes and arguements, whereas our group hasn't.

We just never get anything done. Our HSC is in just over a week and there are still bits that need to be worked through, though sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who can see it, grrr...

sarina-jean

HSC
tehwhitefox said:
No dialogue?? I didn't even know that was possible. gahh at least your's isn't on the 20th!!!!
the 20th? oooooooooomg. hectic!
id be pretty much crying. poor you!!!
but think, it'll be over and done with soon!
xx

n i k k i

HSC
sounds lyk everyone is kinda the same lmao .. our group started out fine and we are all besties so we kinda no wat we are all like so everything is sweet we tell it lyk it is :) which helps sought things out just needa get our log book up to date lol .. omg ip but im doin video DRama far out sux lol.. havnt finished filming still gotta Edit it :( and i think i g2 send it away this week not sure does anyone know the DAte that it has to be sent away by ??????????????????????

goosiegoo

HSC
n i k k i said:
sounds lyk everyone is kinda the same lmao .. our group started out fine and we are all besties so we kinda no wat we are all like so everything is sweet we tell it lyk it is :) which helps sought things out just needa get our log book up to date lol .. omg ip but im doin video DRama far out sux lol.. havnt finished filming still gotta Edit it :( and i think i g2 send it away this week not sure does anyone know the DAte that it has to be sent away by ??????????????????????
20th of August.

musicalteddy

HSC
My group has turned out really well. It's a group of 6, which I wasn't too enthusiastic about originally, but we all work really well together. We had motivation problems, between forming our idea and getting into something physical. The biggest problem we faced was that one of our members didn't fully commit herself to class and out of school practice, which made it hard on us. Though this resulted in her not having a big part in the group, because she didn't have much input in the writing of the script.

Our date is the 27th, and we're pretty much ready for it. Except we currently run overtime - average 13 minutes most times, so we need to fix that.

sarina-jean

HSC
my group is running over time aswell. i think we've got 15 minutes. with no dialogue, i didnt see how that was possible, but hey.
the markers are coming down on the 31st for me.
xx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)