• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Groups in Context (1 Viewer)

danii777

HSC
Does anyone know who has power within the group AGED.. and what is meant by Grey power.

thank you

Last edited:

stophomophobia

HSC
i think by saying power in the AGED category is saying that the workers in nursing homes or families who are looking after their aged person have power as these are the people who are in control as such as to what the AGED person does

vnaidu26th

HSC
Power in the aged is referring to the massive power that the group holds. Well potential power. I may be wrong but this is my thought. The aged make up a big percentage of the population and if they all got together they could overthrow everything. They just don't realise what big numbers they actually have and so they don't act together. The aged is a potentially powerful group as seen in the new a month ago when a large group of the aged population got together to protest some new law. They got it overturned. It think they are starting to realise how much power they actually have. Oh and in places like china and that, respect your elders is one of the main beliefs so therefore they have a lot of power there.

That's my input.
Laters

vnaidu26th

HSC
Grey power refers to politics. As the aged take up a large quantity of the population anyone wanting their vote has to view and help out the aged, their services and everything that affects the group. grey is referring to their hair colour and obviously power is of the group.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)