• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Guernica (1 Viewer)

bettina44

HSC
we're going to study guernica for art,i'll post up my notes once we do it if you want

bored of sc

HSC
jaychouf4n said:
http://www.annalisamelandri.it/public/guernica.jpg

Can someone please help me by telling me what this painting is saying about modernity
I believe it's saying industrialisation and infrastructure can result in violent brutalities and deaths (think workplace accidents for example). The image is dense with alot of objects (horse, humans, body parts etc) packed into a relatively small amount of space. This makes the responder feel claustrophobic and uncomfortable.

blackglitter

HSC
bored of sc said:
I believe it's saying industrialisation and infrastructure can result in violent brutalities and deaths (think workplace accidents for example). The image is dense with alot of objects (horse, humans, body parts etc) packed into a relatively small amount of space. This makes the responder feel claustrophobic and uncomfortable.
I'm pretty sure that Picasso painted it to convey his disgust at the horrors of modern warfare and violence in general - maybe something about modern weaponry and the casualties of war?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Modern life is hectic.

btw How can anyone call that Art?

blackglitter

HSC
kaz1 said:
Modern life is hectic.

btw How can anyone call that Art?
Lol, it's one of the most famous and iconic artworks of the 20th century - I personally don't like it much but what Art is really depends on your personal views and tastes

jaychouf4n

HSC
If u could post ur notes bettina it would be really good.

I have to get an essay up and running xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)