GUYS!!!!!!! Usyd vs UNSW[accounting] help me!!!!!!!1 (1 Viewer)

seodh123

HSC
guys... help me.. I am in huge dilema right now..

I have been googling like for 5 days already, and havent decided yet :((

I might impale myself on rusty spike if I cant decide it by tom...

Err........ it just drives me crazy.. whenever I run my finger through my hair, 102~142 hair is pulled off.

All people here are saying UNSW is over Usyd at commerce.
HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Usyd has def has higher entry score than UNSW for commerce.. but I cannot understand why all ppl keep saying UNSW is way much better than Usyd for commerce...

hey guys.. let's take a few minutes out of our life and think about these following things.
these are my foluma. can anyone please answer/explain these folmula clearly?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
University of sydney
higher entrance score = hard to get in = only smart/hard working people get in = higher possiblity to be employed in the future.

UNSW
moderate entrance score = not tough to get in = any people can get in = lower possiblity to be employed in the future compared to smart people.

People who are eligible to get in Usyd can have two choices which is that they can either go to UNSW or Usyd.

People who are only eligible to get in UNSW has only one choice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

with all of these facts, can you still say UNSW is over Usyd?
if so, why? would you please explain? because I can not freaking understand.
if UNSW is extremely superior to Usyd, what are those students in Usyd? are they are dumb or dickhead or dickass or jackass or sth??
they would have had enough score to get in both UNSW and Usyd, why would they have chosen Usyd over UNSW?
come on guys, why are you not saying anything huh?
just twitter as you guys did in other thread.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT WITH MY CONCERN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:burn::burn::burn:</SPAN>

FutureSight01

IS NOT ASIAN!
HSC
Right for your benefit I will make this very VERY clear to you:
HIGH ATAR =/= VERY INTELLIGENT! THE ATAR IS ONLY A LOOSE INDICATOR OF HOW SMART YOU ARE!

and when the atar requirements are so close, they're not that much of an indication of the cohort. If you were comparing UNSW or USYD to UTS, then yes that would be a significant difference, hence worth noting. But between UNSW and USYD, not that significant. Don't use atar requirement as an indicator of which uni is smarter on that kind of scale.

One possible reason the entry score for BCom@USYD is higher may be because a whole heap of them are doing combined degrees eg Eng&Com, you wouldn't believe how many, Law&Com is also really popular and you also have people doing Com&AdvSci. Some would do arts, but I haven't met any yet for some reason. UNSW, well Com is one of its most demanded courses, and so has a higher atar requirement than most other courses.

On which one is better in terms of teaching, well I know UNSW peeps get LOADS of work and apparently USYD peeps get nothing haha. I like how we're not burdened with much work NOW, though it will probably get worse later. In the first 2 weeks accounting at usyd is horrific and pointless, but it picks up thankfully. From what I've heard the lecturers at UNSW aren't the best, and we've got decent lecturers for com atm overall.

Basically, consider other factors eg the chinatown nature of UNSW, how its easier to get to USYD, whether you're doing it combined with engineering or arts and other things like that.

konkzz

HSC
Anyone can say this is better than that and whatnot but none of them have studied commerce both at unis to even make that comparison. ATAR means nothing. All I know is, with UNSW, people with an ATAR of below cut-off can get in through bonus points, so it is inflated.

At UNSW there are a lot more internationals then USYD, but USYD has a lot more white people, doing commerce.

As for workload, I don't know which one has more workload and I don't care. You do the amount of work you feel you should do. If I feel I need more work, I can always do more even if the assigned work is less. So, this would not be a deciding factor.

Frankly, it does not matter which you choose in terms of commerce degree. I take it that you are going to work hard and do well. I have a lot of friends doing commerce at UNSW. It's really nothing to brag about even though some of them say they study commerce at UNSW with pride.

Consider the environment and see which one feels better.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
please go to UNSW and stay away from our uni. thanks

lsdpoon1337

HSC
......................................__................................................
.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,..........................................
.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
...............,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\.......................... .......
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\................................
..............\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,......................... ..
...............\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
................\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\..*`*;..)..........................
.................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\..................
................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\.................
................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)¯`~,..................
................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\........
................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............\........
...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.......
......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\........

spyborg

HSC
N/A
This has always been a huge dilemma for me as well, so would it be customary to put usyd before unsw as a uac preference since it is more difficult to gain entry into?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
This has always been a huge dilemma for me as well, so would it be customary to put usyd before unsw as a uac preference since it is more difficult to gain entry into?
hhahaha

the shit the board/unis feed you nowadays.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)