Gwen Harwood critics (1 Viewer)

suzy11

HSC
hi guys,

i was wondering if any of you knew the names of some of the critics we are supposed to use for gwen harwood: "substantiated by critics' responses that either support or challenge your personal ideas." i need to look them up because i haven't got critic's quotes for a practice essay i am preparing.

for one reason or another i can't access my notes right now so it would really help :)

~suzy

Leiah

HSC
Hey..i've been doing this same essay!what fun!!

Here are some critics that may help-
Dennis Douglas in 'Gwen Harwoos-The Poet as Dopplwganger' Quadtrant vol4,1969

R.F Brissenden- 'AFire-Talented Tomgue:Some notes on the poetry of Gwen Harwood' Southerly, Vol,38, 1978

John Beston 'An interview with Gwen Harwood'
Quadrant, vol.19

Alison Hoddinott 'Gwen Harwood: the real an imagined world', 1991
hope that helps,
Leiah:read:

suzy11 said:
hi guys,

i was wondering if any of you knew the names of some of the critics we are supposed to use for gwen harwood: "substantiated by critics' responses that either support or challenge your personal ideas." i need to look them up because i haven't got critic's quotes for a practice essay i am preparing.

for one reason or another i can't access my notes right now so it would really help :)

~suzy

suzy11

HSC
wow, thanks so much! that helps heaps!:) :) i am sooo ready 4 the HSC 2 be over

chrissyt

HSC
hey,

im doin g. harwood studies atm too

how would i find quotes off the net from those critics cuz i dont have access to a library atm...

samwell

HSC
I have Su Langker but she uses references to alison hodinott and i got Reddam House by William Simon. Can i also use them because one is a critical reference to alisson Hoddinott?

imqt

Premium Member
HSC
we were never told to use critics, damn! hw am i gonna find some of the net now?

imqt

Premium Member
HSC
guys urgent help? i need critics points on harwoods poems GLASS JAR and ALTER EGO anyone???

xjellibeanx

HSC
I was wondering where "substantiated by critics' responses that either support or challenge your personal ideas." comes from. We were never told that we had to make any links or relations to critics, so I was wondering if this is from the syllabus and if so where. Thanks

namburger

Noob Member
HSC
You don't need like critic names. Just by stating "A femenist intepretation would view this poem as..." would be enough. + Its your own intepretation that matters much more

EDIT: Im quite sure that you should EVALUATE other readings and comment on how it has influenced your intepretation

Last edited:

xjellibeanx

HSC
Ok good cause thats what I've been doing, and what we've been taught, but everyone here seems to be mentioning critics names, so that somewhat confused me. Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)