Gwen Harwood poems (1 Viewer)

Niksta123

HSC
How many poems do you think we should know for gwen harwood this year?

They only asked for 2 in 2006
they asked for 3 in 2005
and then 2 in 2004...

what do you think?

nearlythere...

HSC
well, we're supposed to know all of them cause they can ask for a specific poem to be written about.

However, the chances of that happening are unlikely, so I would say make sure you know at least 3 really well, but have a general knowledge of all of them.

Niksta123

HSC
nearlythere... said:
well, we're supposed to know all of them cause they can ask for a specific poem to be written about.

However, the chances of that happening are unlikely, so I would say make sure you know at least 3 really well, but have a general knowledge of all of them.

Yeah i think its soo lame we have to know all of them...as if we can remember 7 poems, remember texts for mod A + text for mod c (2-3 related)...i don't know what they think we are...i mean seriously...how the hell does this kind of testing help us in life?! honestly...lol

sorry theres my rant for the day! Now that i got that off my chest, thank you for your help...

and good luck with your studies & eng on monday! :)

collide

HSC
Do you recon it'd be ok if I did two poems in detail and just like one paragraph for another poem? Seriously though, if they ask for specific poems.. half the state will be screwed including me.

~LEAH~

HSC
Niksta123 said:
Yeah i think its soo lame we have to know all of them...as if we can remember 7 poems, remember texts for mod A + text for mod c (2-3 related)...i don't know what they think we are...i mean seriously...how the hell does this kind of testing help us in life?! honestly...lol
I completely agree. However someone was saying that if they do specify for Harwood they would have to specify which poem/s for all of the poetry options otherwise it would be unfair. Is there a poetry option for Journeys? They didn't specify if there was, so I'm assuming that they won't do it for Harwood. They don't ask for just one scene in King Lear so it would seem highly unfair and unjust if they specify. Having said this I wouldn't put it past the board of studies and who am I. I would definitley decide the readings that you would talk about for each of the poems and list some techniques you could talk about and you'll go swell! :D

appleide

HSC
Just know all your poems..... Write down 8 things for each poem on a sheet. (eg.

Alter Ego
Irony - quote "~~~~"
Paradox = quote "~~~~"
Metaphor - quote "~~~~"
~
~
~
etc)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)