• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Gwen Harwood- The Glass Jar & The Violets (1 Viewer)

saraproblem

HSC
Hello.

OK, so I'm doing the first assessment task for the HSC...and I need a few questions answered please. :)

I finally decided that I'm going to do The Glass Jar and The Violets. I was planning on doing 2 readings for each poem: psychoanalytical and Christian. Is it OK to do the same readings for each poem? I figured that this way it's easy to compare them and it ties them up neatly.

But then I wanted to incorporate feminism into my essay aswell for The Violets. Would that still work?

Thanks in advance.

Pammie-xoxo

HSC
hi hi

I am doing the same task as you and convieniently i am doing the same poems as u :)

yes i hav been told that it is fine to do the same readings for each poem, my class are mainly doing feminist for both.

only problem i see is that u r doing a christian reading, i suggested this to my teacher , and she said it was silly to do a christian reading on harwoods poetry .This is because in your analysis of the poem you kind of give a christian reading anyway, because it is a big part of her background and very and very prodominant in her writtings.. so a christian wouldn't really have a different reading. If that made any sense.

Hope i have helped.
Pam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)