Gym Junkies! (1 Viewer)

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Is it just me or is the X-training machine full of shit ...
Apparently i burn 671 calories in 20 mins on the hardest setting on the X-trainer ... and its feels easy
Yet in 10 mins of hard rowing (2.5km) i burn only 160 calories ... feels hard
Running is the same, feels harder, burns less, 360 calories for running my ass off for 20 mins ...
Bike/s is useless for calorie burning :(

Is the calculation for calories wrong on the X-trainer? (I've tried all of them, same numbers ...)
What is the most efficient calorie burning machine at the gym?

I currently spend about 40mins on X-Trainer, 40 mins on the treadmill and 10 mins rowing, the other 30 mins in the gym spent doing the weight machines

Anything i should change/recommendations?

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
NinjaSauce said:
Why dont you move to the weights area then?

Its the most productive part of the gym. Alot better than "Body Attack" .

wouldn't know how to use most of the things there, plus [not to sound sexist] but it isn't really meant for chicks...

cuppas

Apprentice Mechanic
HSC
yeah but avoiding it entirely wont teach you what they do either. and weights arent gender-exclusive.

that said, poor form can make the weights rather silly...

quik.

HSC
jooobl said:
[not to sound sexist] but it isn't really meant for chicks...
rgbdsfljyvdbfldsgfbvdskfgvdf

That is such lies.

Weights are extraordinarily beneficial, to everyone. Women tend to avoid them because they think they'll get big or bulky, which is absolute ass.

When you have the T levels of a dude, you'll develop like a dude. Please don't write weights off, research, read, give it a shot.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Haven't worked out for 5 weeks, but surprisingly most of my muscle mass has remained intact. Hahahaha. Won't comment on strength though. :eek:

cuppas

Apprentice Mechanic
HSC
i went to the gym yesterday
ive gotten so weak

but i pushed hard and i have the pain today
feels good

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
quik. said:
rgbdsfljyvdbfldsgfbvdskfgvdf

That is such lies.

Weights are extraordinarily beneficial, to everyone. Women tend to avoid them because they think they'll get big or bulky, which is absolute ass.

When you have the T levels of a dude, you'll develop like a dude. Please don't write weights off, research, read, give it a shot.

I don't want to become a she-male.
And it is a little intimidating considering everyone in that area is male, muscly, etc... - that's my main reason lol :), oh and the fact id be like... using it upsidedown and backwards...:mad1:

quik.

HSC
jooobl said:
I don't want to become a she-male.

...using it upsidedown and backwards...
Reread my post :]

As far as all the muscley dudes go, no one will care what you're doing. They arn't there for you.

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
Man I hate gym-junkies.

"Oh look at me I work out and take hormones to make me look bigger". Why don't they just kill themselves while they're at it?

You don't need the gym to stay fit. It's called putting your dog on a leash, and taking the dog out for a walk to the park, while at the same time you are benefiting yourself. Do it for half an hour each day, watch your diet, and look! You've got a better diet and a better body then the fuckwits down at the gym do. And at the same time, you're not wasting money on paying for stupid fees that could be spent on something else, something else a bit more worth the effort.

quik.

HSC
Right, because everyone that goes to the gym is obviously on hormones, has a massive ego and is a zealot about training and diet.

It was never said that you need the gym to be healthy. It's a tool / option, just like heaps of other things. If your not keen on it, what right do you have to take a dump on it? Quit stereotyping.

Tiffanys

Executed member
HSC
quik. said:
Right, because everyone that goes to the gym is obviously on hormones, has a massive ego and is a zealot about training and diet.

It was never said that you need the gym to be healthy. It's a tool / option, just like heaps of other things. If your not keen on it, what right do you have to take a dump on it? Quit stereotyping.
true. people who exercise outdoors can have a chance to exercise not in the rain or subzero temperatures, it breeds versatile athletes

Collin

HSC
N/A
Born2baplacebo said:
Man I hate gym-junkies.

"Oh look at me I work out and take hormones to make me look bigger". Why don't they just kill themselves while they're at it?

You don't need the gym to stay fit. It's called putting your dog on a leash, and taking the dog out for a walk to the park, while at the same time you are benefiting yourself. Do it for half an hour each day, watch your diet, and look! You've got a better diet and a better body then the fuckwits down at the gym do. And at the same time, you're not wasting money on paying for stupid fees that could be spent on something else, something else a bit more worth the effort.
You suggest that all gym junkies take 'hormones' to make themselves look bigger (as if to imply hypertrophy is the sole point of gyms).

Then you assert that you don't need a gym to keep fit (cardiovascular-wise, I presume), directly contradicting the basis for the above statement.

If you can't figure out the connection, then you're a fucking moron.

rippedboi

HSC
I use to be a gym junkie... than i rediscovered kfc and maccas. I won my first bodybuilding comp last year in the teenage division than i lost it and have no definition, now i spend a majority of the day searching for junk food. lol... na not really that funny aye

cuppas

Apprentice Mechanic
HSC
im taking a 3 week break from going gym because of trials... possibly my school is the last one in sydney still doing them :/

side note- going on a BIG legs regime when i go back. going to mix in deadlifts with squats, should hurt

quik.

HSC
I'm pretty sure.

If you have lost some over the two weeks muscle memory will bring it back, and more likely a bit more if you work towards it, pretty gosh darn quick.

Edit: Google-fu is not really helping. The answer I like most has been ~10 days. But there are heaps of different answers ranging up to 6 weeks.

If you have, you'll gain it back quick + interest. If you havn't, lucky you :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)