GYM Membership (1 Viewer)

gracie007

HSC
Hey all

I was wondering if any of you go to a gym. Which one, and what do you pay as membership? I am curious to find out what different gyms charge. What do you get with your pay (eg, any extra services/classes/use of special areas etc)

Im about to sign up at a "Bodyshape" gym and the membership is $640 for one year, unlimited machine use, unlimited personal trainer time, plus sauna solarium etc. Is this a decent deal?

Or is it possible to sort of bargainthe price down anywhere (I am also a student obviously so could that help)

Thnx all!
PS- judging on the responses I might just go and check some other gyms out to make sure this is a good idea or not!:wave:

beentherdunthat

HSC
640 a year????Wth.

Man, that's offf. What do they provide?

And my mum was complaining about 200 a year. LOL.

quik.

HSC
Depending on the quality of their trainers, and what 'unlimited trainer time' actually means, that is the best thing I can see in that 'deal'.

Trainers are usually like, expensive, but finding one who knows their shit and all that is pretty time consuming.

Apart from that, unlimited machine use, lol? It's a gym. No shit you can use the stuff in there.

I would get them to drop any sign up fees and try to play up the fact that you're a student, if you want to join that specific gym.

gracie007

HSC
But ive heard people pay like up to $70-80 per MONTH for places like Fitness First?? Whats the deal with mainstream gyms like those?

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
Yeh 640 is pretty good with what you seem to be getting. As the person above said, personal trainers are expensive. However if you dont intend on using them, might as well try haggling with the sales people. Definitely dont pay joining fee, cause only fools pay that. As long as you plan on going 3 or so times a week, its pretty good value.

Where exactly is the gym?
Fitness First is a chain, so youre able to go to any of their gyms.

gracie007

HSC
Orange Juice said:
Yeh 640 is pretty good with what you seem to be getting. As the person above said, personal trainers are expensive. However if you dont intend on using them, might as well try haggling with the sales people. Definitely dont pay joining fee, cause only fools pay that. As long as you plan on going 3 or so times a week, its pretty good value.

Where exactly is the gym?
Fitness First is a chain, so youre able to go to any of their gyms.

its one of the all-women Bodyshape ones. There arent as many as, say, FF, but the one ive been trialling is at gordon.
www.bodyshape.com.au

quik.

HSC
Fitness First charges so much because retards still pay it.

I would never join FF :/

alby

cool duckie
HSC
$640 a year would be reasonable if you were going regularly (2+ times a week) for the whole year.
uow's gym is $110 a year ($55 for 6mths), but then you have to pay for all of your visits on top of that...$2 for the pool, $5.50 for the gym/classes (multipasses work out 2/3rds to half of the cost of casual visits). so if you go there about twice a week (~$10), you'll end up paying close to what body shape is offering - thinking about it that way, it's not actually that much.
of course, you need to make sure that there's no hidden charges (eg. joining fees) and that unlimited use really means UNLIMITED use (visits and periods of time that you're there); but if you think body shape has really good equipment/instructors/trainers and you feel comfortable in the environment, take up the offer!

quik.

HSC
I pay $150 p/semester at uni for the gym.

If my gym was like, oh there's a $110 joining fee, and then we charge you for every visit, I would tell them to get fucked.

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
gracie007 said:
^how much do u pay for urs?

I pay, hmm , lets see "checks statement"... 39.95 a fortnight... FUCK

I HATE FITNESS FIRST! I recently lowered my rate to -$5 per month, and they havent even changed it yet! LAME! I have to go and complain tomorrow

Thanks for asking me how much I paid now I gotta go and get pissed off tomorrow- I even had to pay a 20 dollar downgrade fee--- and the new, lowered charge was going to be instant. :mad1:

thirsty

HSC
I just joined at the Forum (UNCLE) and its $31 a month ($372 a year) They have all different sorts of memberships n this is a Fitness one so i get to use all the equipment and all the classes, which is awesome for me. I was paying up to $40 a week going casually so I'm stoked!!

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
UWS Richmond gym $20 per fortnight or $500 per year you get to you the pool, tennis courts, etc.

Active8 Richmond: $14.95 a week, but they do offer a dozen different classes, creche, tv's in treadmills, cycles, fitness plans and updates.

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
FF is so expensive. $33 a fortnight :jaw:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)