Gym Membership (1 Viewer)

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
I was looking to join a gym and so i looked at some of the website. some of you may know that they have free trial days at their gym. From experience does anyone know how much memberships are -1/2 year , yearly, or per visit. I know it varies from area to area- but like just an average or what do you pay? so i have SOME idea
AND
do they really try and pressure you into buying a membership after the first time?

studynoob

HSC
N/A
i go to definition gym (formerly ausbodz fitness) in parramatta across the station next to hungry jacks im a gold member for a year and it cost like 400-500 a year and we get bonuses depending on the month some months you get a free mp3 others you get a free holiday i got a bonus 1 month free instead! its pretty expensive but i go everyday afterschool so it isnt too bad! ive been going to the gym since year 8 so im pretty large built for my age :D they hardly pressure you to join i suggest you should just go to a local one!

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i was looking at going to fitbodz at burwood which is a little closer to me ...i registered on the net and they rang me tonight and said when do you want to come in...do they offer like per visit costs..i know that would add up to be more but I cant rely on my will power and dedication to get me there all the time

HSC
My gym membership went from $40/month to $49.95/week. I pay extra for a personal trainer. Before it was a student concession who can only go in before 4pm to the Fitness First in St Leonards. Now i'm just anyone who goes in anytime in any Fitness First. But it's so not worth it. Subsequently, i am looking for a new gym.

Per visit ranges from $10-$20, Yearly memberships are anything between $400 and god knows what. The sky is truly the limit, esp if you want a personal trainer, access to extra features like solarium/manicures/massages etc etc etc

Look around, try out their free passes, don't feel pressured to commit yourself to a year's membership - the worst that could happen is they might call you every day for a week trying to make you come back in.

edit: I think Fitbodz has a card for 10 passes which you buy for however much it costs.

Last edited:

studynoob

HSC
N/A
uni sucks huh! i presume ill be in the same situation in uni and near end of hsc! this is what i do during those times where you have no time in the arvo!

get up at 5:30
5min breakfast consisting of up and go products
hard jog around the park 5 times (2 km)
45 pushups
55 situps
hard jog back home
shower
lots of time to spare before school

i always do this everyday and starting is hard but believe me if u made the time and commitment to do this every morning you'll get through ur uni days just fine fully alert and no need to grab coffee! :) glad ur thinking of exercising where ur body health is most important! i should lay off the weed nowday! :)

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
if i attempted to do that i would probably keel over and not get up for a week. I'll have to get motivated cos I'm not happy with the ol bod at the moment.
Thanks guys thats been a lot of help

s0k0y0e0

HSC
you know there is always FREE exercise; if you already have the equipment; or cheaper if you don't than going to a gym! :rolleyes:

Skipping Rope
Bike
Roller blades
Skooter
Skateboard
Surfboard
Star Jumps or different exercises; ie running on the spot; squats
Swimming
Yoga/Pilates - you can hire videos from library or video shop
Running
Or plain old walking

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
If your uni campus has a gym, try that. I know a lot of the girls in my course go between classes/before class/after class and seem to really enjoy it (however, on the down side, there seems to be a lot of size 6, big boobed, long blonde haired cheerleader types that go there too, which may not be great for self esteem if you're already unhappy with your body)

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
I go to Fitness First (current membersip put on hold).

I did a year contract for $40/month no time limits at Parramatta Fitness First.

Now its $40/month no contract.

HSC
PiNkPiXiE said:
you know there is always FREE exercise; if you already have the equipment; or cheaper if you don't than going to a gym! :rolleyes:

Skipping Rope
Bike
Roller blades
Skooter
Skateboard
Surfboard
Star Jumps or different exercises; ie running on the spot; squats
Swimming
Yoga/Pilates - you can hire videos from library or video shop
Running
Or plain old walking
Yeah i know, it's just that i don't have enough self-control to make myself do it.

If i'm at a gym and my treadmill says 3km to go, i am more likely to run that 3km as i watch Fox and the number will go ticking down. There's also the 'i'm paying the money, so i may as well go' mentality.

If i'm running in a park, i'm more likely to be fiddling with my iPod, running into someone/something and eventually sitting down because i'm lazy. That is, if i can drag myself out there in the first place.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
i pay $30 per month at my gym which is just a local gym, which is pretty good, but thats at student prices, and with that you get other stuff like some free personal training sessions etc. and most gyms will try and pressure you into joining if you use the free trials, especially fitness first

transcendent

HSC
N/A
$10 per visit, $8 for student at Squashlands Liverpool which is were I got to occasionally. I don't go often, and I only go for the extra equipment else I just do weights at home. I only care about bulking up at the shoulders and arms. My legs are massive enough.

s0k0y0e0

HSC
my sharona said:
Yeah i know, it's just that i don't have enough self-control to make myself do it.

If i'm at a gym and my treadmill says 3km to go, i am more likely to run that 3km as i watch Fox and the number will go ticking down. There's also the 'i'm paying the money, so i may as well go' mentality.

If i'm running in a park, i'm more likely to be fiddling with my iPod, running into someone/something and eventually sitting down because i'm lazy. That is, if i can drag myself out there in the first place.
Hmm maybe I should join 1??? :rolleyes: You sound like me :uhhuh:

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i'm working in the junior care at fitness first, anyone reckon they'd have special staff rates for membership? i sent them an email, but no reply yet...not working for a while

exa_boi87

aka biomic
HSC
Man ... Im paying $700 a year. I now see how much of a rort that really is :p

Im liking "studynoob's" alternative

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
I pay (or should I say my dad pays) $45 a month in gym fees, but because my local is at the local leisure centre it means I can use the pools/sauna etc and not have to pay. I go three, maybe four times a week so that works out to about $3 a visit which is nothing when you think about it.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
im a member of my local gym. i dont ever go. they just take out $18.50 from my bank account ever fortnight. i cant be bothered to go. the other day a woman from the gym rang me and asked why i havent been going. i sed oh you know... HSC, blah blah lol

Always

HSC
I hate gyms, I always feel so self-conscious. If you're really serious about it, buy a treadmill or an exercise bike. It's ready access and you won't feel the drag of going all the way to the gym. I listen to music, watch tv, read a mag, etc when I'm on the treadmill, and before I know it I've jogged 2 km.

I go to a pilates class at the gym though - soo good for toning.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i joined- well i got a casual pass ...so far i think i've been 4 times and i'm going again tomorrow. it just makes me feel better. I just have to change my eating habits cos i tend to coubter act my hard work

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)