Haber Process (1 Viewer)

unLimitieDx

HSC
Was the Haber Process first developed for the use fertilisers or explosive?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
iirc, didn't just make ammonia so they could do whatever with it?

Ms106

Complexity
HSC
Worthwhile to mention it also helped end Germany's dependence on importing ammonia, which influenced its development.

golgo13

Alchemist
HSC
I think you should give it some context, where" the allies blocked supplies of natural ammonia being shipped to them, so they developed an industrialized method". It is sorta vague but you can hint both i guess, as it is a key component for both food productions and explosives during the war effort

2xL

HSC
they developed the method before the allies blocked supplies. They knew that the alllies would block supplies ONCE they declared war, so they developed the Haber process first.

asdfqwerty

HSC
wait a minute. i thought haber developed the process because during that time the population was growing and there wasn't enough crops for food etc. so they tried to make ammonia to convert them into nitrogen and make fertilisers. it just so happened during that time that germany was in war and their supplies (guano and saltpetre) were blocked and the haber process was significant as it was a useful alternative. im sure that they didnt anticipate that their allies will be blocking their supplies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)