Hair Straighteners (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
aimhigh10 said:
jsut out of curiosity, how many guys (boys) out there use hair straighteners?
I am the future user of hair straightener (beginning from tomorrow) :D

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
lyounamu said:
I just got the ghd hair staighter delivered.

For this one, do you always have to apply the thermal protection thing everytime I use this?
You should imo. Even the best straightener is still applying a shitload of heat to your hair, if you don't protect it you'll end up with dried out brittle hair if you straighten a lot.

It won't do your hair any harm to use it anyway, is all I'm saying

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Hey, I got this rejuvenation cream or whatever this is called. Is this the one that I apply for my hair before I straighten my hair? (this was part of the GHD package)

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
i think i'll buy one of those ghd mini things, the size looks really convenient.

reedy01

Premium Member
HSC
Hagaren said:
i think i'll buy one of those ghd mini things, the size looks really convenient.

yeah they are really good. i love mine and so do my friends.

i just use the ghd thermal protector for fine hair pretty much everytime i use mine. i use mine daily so i need it.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
fOxYcLeOpTrA89 said:
i think this may act as a restorative night cream so i wouldnt use it as a heat protectant.
garnier fructis sleek and shine is a great cheapy.
paul mitchell (seal and shine), redken (heat glide or satinwear), kerastase and de lorenzo (extinguish spray) are great for something a little more expensive.

since you're a guy you wont need anything to luxurious so perhaps just go for something like de lorenzo extinguish spray or paul mitchell seal and shine spray? both of these sprays are quite light and dont leave your hair weighed down/greasy (which is what guys should be looking for in a hair product).
Okay, so they are the heat protectants?

I want to get them as soon as possible, so is coles or woolies okay to buy them?

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
lyounamu said:
Okay, so they are the heat protectants?

I want to get them as soon as possible, so is coles or woolies okay to buy them?
Any heat protectant would do, you don't want to end up with frizzy fried up hair in the long run

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
lyounamu said:
Sorry for my poor worded question. Yeah, that's what I wanted to hear. My friend does and I was wondering how he could do that..obviously by using a hair straightener.
ghd Goddess Gospels - Creation

lyounamu said:
Another question:

why do people say that GHD is the best (or probably the best)? It is because it styles better or..? What are the "criterias"???
By the way, what's so good about having ceramic hair straightener as opposed to others?

Thanks
Imo, i think GHD's are overrated.

ZaraKu

HSC
GHD = Heaven
I bought my one (the limited edition Pink one, with free lipglosses and an instructional dvd that shows you how to curl and flick good) last week and it is awesome! I had a $40 Joh Bailey one before and it was crap, took ages to heat up and was bulky and killed my hair, everytime I've used a GHD my hair looks so nice and feels soft, not dry and grose. I don't use heat treatment products (I should seeing as I have peroxided champagne blonde hair) but it still is awesome.

BUY A GHD!! YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT... EVER!

icecoffee

HSC
I have a WAHL one. I'd like to get a GHD one but it's expensive! And curling is a disaster, i don't think curling suits my hair ><

stazi

Nightman
HSC
GHDs are essentially the same as most other cheaper hair straighteners. There's not much difference between any brands, tbh. It's all marketing.

Which is why I bought a GHD...coz im a sucker.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
lyounamu said:
Hey, I got this rejuvenation cream or whatever this is called. Is this the one that I apply for my hair before I straighten my hair? (this was part of the GHD package)
reading labels is good.

*Cassie*

HSC
i've never come across a hair straightener that is as good as the GHD.

Scissors

HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
reading labels is good.
you can't fucking speak to namu like that! he came first in the state for maths bitch!

<3 you namu.

SaschaJ

HSC
My GHD is my life!! They are the best thing ever, they not only straighten, but they just make ya hair look better!
Definately worth the money, I've had mine for 3 years and still going strong and I use it practically every day... the best investment I ever made :D x

stazi

Nightman
HSC
My GHD is my life!! They are the best thing ever, they not only straighten, but they just make ya hair look better!
Definately worth the money, I've had mine for 3 years and still going strong and I use it practically every day... the best investment I ever made :D x
Fortescue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)