Hair straightening (1 Viewer)

elisabeth

HSC
Has anyone had their hair permanently straightened up here on the Central Coast? Where did you get it done, how much did it cost? Would you recommend it? I dunno where to go to get it done. Alternatively, a decent mid-range salon in Sydney, if there isn't anywhere on the coast. cheers.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
elisabeth said:
Has anyone had their hair permanently straightened up here on the Central Coast? Where did you get it done, how much did it cost? Would you recommend it? I dunno where to go to get it done. Alternatively, a decent mid-range salon in Sydney, if there isn't anywhere on the coast. cheers.

try luxor at erina fair, they are pretty good there. i havent had my hair permanently straightened before but if i was going to i would pick them. it is 4365 1612 if you want to make enquiries about the price.

elisabeth

HSC
Thanks, I spoke to them but they were asking close to a grand.

Anyone able to recommend a place in Sydney then where it can be done for around $300?

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
elisabeth said:
Thanks, I spoke to them but they were asking close to a grand.

Anyone able to recommend a place in Sydney then where it can be done for around $300?

i dont know anywhere else,
but why dont you just buy a ghd? if you are loooking at that price range. permanant straightening will damage your hair as much as using a ghd a few times a week

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
If you want it done properly, you'll have to pay the price.

A few of the girls at my school had their hair straightened at lower prices, but the quality was really bad. The hair was straight, but it lost its shine and looked extremely dry.

elisabeth

HSC
It takes me ages to straighten my hair though... 2.5 hrs a time, pisses me off. I want to wake up and not have to deal with it...

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
elisabeth said:
It takes me ages to straighten my hair though... 2.5 hrs a time, pisses me off. I want to wake up and not have to deal with it...
You can buy a GHD. It's a lot faster and more effective than most straighteners.

They say it won't damage your hair, but pfft - anything that hot damages your hair. If you're going to use it everyday, I think you're better off chemically straightening it.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
a GHD is WAY faster than other straighteners, i do my hair in 5-10 mins with it. it probably does do damage, but i use it 4-5 times a week over the past year and my hair is in pretty good condition.

also ahve you thought about getting your hair relaxed? i know luxor does that for around 300.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
You can buy a GHD. It's a lot faster and more effective than most straighteners.

They say it won't damage your hair, but pfft - anything that hot damages your hair. If you're going to use it everyday, I think you're better off chemically straightening it.
It might look unnatural on a white girl, but it just depends on your face shape etc.
I had it done twice (profile photo...). Yes don't get the crap ones because your hair looks like hay after a while. It was wonderful. I didn't have to brush my hair

It should take 2-3 hrs nowadays to do, I know one girl who sat through a 9 hr straightening a few years ago...
um
I can't tell yo if it damaged my hair because I basically got it straightened, straightened/dyed, and curled within the space of three years. So it's fucked now.

Don't cut it if you do get it done, it makes it go weird.
some Azn guys have straightened hair...it looks OK on some guys

elisabeth

HSC
So - anyone recommend a place in Sydney to get it done? Preferably around Ryde or Central?

Failing that, where can you buy a GHD?

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
theone123 said:
does anyone know how to fix a guy with curly short hair :(
thats an easy one to sort -- you go get it straightend.. costs about $60 for most guys, and its very good quality. Painful, but it looks good :)

frezzel

HSC
I use one of those steaming iron things that straighten from wet to dry. They are so damn good! i have got it down to about 30 mins. My hair is fairly curley (ringlets) so its not bad considering i do it about 1-2 times a week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)