Half-yearlies (1 Viewer)

gelo

HSC
My half-yearlies are coming up in 2 weeks.

My teach told me that exam for Ext 1 will have the following:

1. Creative Question (crime fiction genre)

2. Text question
-Big Sleep
-PD James The Skull Beneath the Skin
-Own sources

Now.. i was planning to do for study several creative tasks in which i write a short text or something that reflects the crime genre.. so ill study conventions and stuff to help out too.

then i planned to study the big sleep, and TSBTS, and my own sources... but the thing is.. i dont know exactly WHAT about these texts i need to know. is there anything in the sylabus that says what?

anyone have any suggestions as to what else i need to do to prepare for the exam?

thanks.

HSC
N/A
Darling, no-one will ever tell you exactly what you need to know for the test :p That would give you something of an unfair advantage, oui?

Just read over your texts to get general gist and a good grip of main topics/concepts, then make sure you have quotes/evidence to support those :) Make sure you have techniques!

jujujellybean

I'm a speck of sand, surrounded by... more specks
HSC
I don't do extension english but I recommend for any English you know how to write different text types (in case they get you to write an interview or something).
Also knowing quotes and techniques the composer has used - try relating them back to your area of study.
If you find this hard, try finding concept statements ie - what is the text saying

Dragie

HSC
Yay I have no Eng Ext half yearlies :d - We did 2 big assessments during the term so teacher decided that she had tormented us enough - WOOHOO! 1 DOWN!

Raven3333

Jerk
HSC
Lol I got given the exact question for my half-yearlys and i still find it difficult to do.

"Creative Writing Narrative using 19th century ways of thinking and write a narrative which shows the tension between an idividual and society."

Hopefully my question is somewhat relavent to others out there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)