Half-yearlies!!!! (1 Viewer)

wednesday

hey, i just did my half yearly yesterday! i was stressing really bad but when i got there i knew the answers for all of it and it was soooo good but then i ran out of time :( Ours was structured as two 5 mark questions and two 10 mark extended response questions which would have been good except we only had one hour to do it in!!! how long were all of yours???

our questions were somewhere along the lines of:

a) What was Agrippina's life like or what did she do or something during caligula's reign?
b)briefly describe Agrippina's personal background
c)With reference to sources Describe Agrippina's changing relationship wiith Nero
d)evaluate the modern and ancient interperatations of Agrippina

it was a fair exam but the time period made me freak out:jaw: :jaw: :jaw:
Good luck to everyone who haven't done theirs yet!!!

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
thats alot of agrippina :p

well, we don't have an ancient history exam... which is good i spose, but i wouldnt have minded one... exams make me study, which is good in the long run...

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
hahah nah, we have half yearlies... just no ancient history one. (and congratulations on reaching 50 posts!)

wednesday

thanx!!! i'd like to thank my mum and my omplacency to study for without that i would not have reched such heights in my career :D i feel tempted to launch into the speech travis gave in clueless about being tardy but i will restrain myself

why no ancient half yearly? thats a bit ridiculous

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
i think the history forum is kinda cool... it reminds me of being in a dusty library, cause its usually pretty quiet here, and it just seems so distant from the main forum :)

and im not sure why we dont have any history half yearlies... no ancient history, no extension history... i mean, in ancient we just did orals (got 85%, not too bad) but in extension theres nothing stopping us....

oh well, i'll try and some "private exams" these holidays :p or just read over some notes.

wednesday

Did you buy the ancient history 1 & 2 excel books? or the get smart ancient history books? or anything like that?

i heard they were a bit of a waste of time but i don't know isnt any help good help?

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
yeah ive got the excel book for ancient... and i agree, its completely useless... it has only the REALLY BASIC points, and is completely useless as an additional source...

it would probably only help you if you were having trouble on a very general level, and couldnt put the basics together...

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
haha nah, not at this stage...

mainly cause they have hardly anything on rome, and rome is a huge part of my course... maybe if i were doing greece it wouldnt be a waste of time.

wednesday

hahaha

doesnt it say ancient history 1 or 2 on the front?

maybe thats y it isnt much help to you hahhaha

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
no! :( i'll transcibe...

"Excel HSC Ancient History (purchased at Books Plus ABC Centre for $29.95)

Your step by step guide to HSC success

20+ Major Topics

by Peter Roberts"

haha it looks so new, i havent even really looked at it :p unlike my business studies one which has coffee stains in it :p

poor history book... i want to love it now... but yeah, seeing as i have a business studies exam in 2 days, i think i'll put it back under a pile of junk for now...

thats my major problem! i love ancient history, and it distracts me... i'll be studying maths or something and i'll go "gee, i wish i was studying history" :p

wednesday

haha

dont worry, i so know how you feel!!!
i had to study for maths and english and all i wanted to do was history....its kinda not good!!!

hey it looks like we have this forum all to ourselves, should i dim the lights hahahahaha

Harimau

You are not me, therefore you are irrelevant
HSC
Originally posted by wednesday
hey, i just did my half yearly yesterday! i was stressing really bad but when i got there i knew the answers for all of it and it was soooo good but then i ran out of time :( Ours was structured as two 5 mark questions and two 10 mark extended response questions which would have been good except we only had one hour to do it in!!! how long were all of yours???

our questions were somewhere along the lines of:

a) What was Agrippina's life like or what did she do or something during caligula's reign?
b)briefly describe Agrippina's personal background
c)With reference to sources Describe Agrippina's changing relationship wiith Nero
d)evaluate the modern and ancient interperatations of Agrippina

it was a fair exam but the time period made me freak out:jaw: :jaw: :jaw:
Good luck to everyone who haven't done theirs yet!!!
Man those questions we had to do in class for essays, with d) as an assessment task... I did really badly... My half yearly is coming in two weeks... Im scared shitless...

malayz_angel

Hehe... I nearly stuffed up my half yearly! It had two parts: one on Xerxes and one on Sparta. The Sparta section consisted of two sub-sections: a shortanswers and a choice of two essays. I was so "eager" to get started that I didn't read the instructions properly and missed one crucial thing...for the Sparta section, you could do either the short answers or the essay and I *gasp* did both!!! So did most of the class though and the teacher decided that she probably wouldn't penalise us just this once, because all the good students did it! I feel really really stupid, hope nobody else was dumb like me!!!

girlee281

hey hey

i just joined. Anyways, I did my half yearly's a week and a half ago, and Ancient was soooo long. We did the Greek World, a choice of 3 essay questions, and short answers on Sparta, like it's going to be in the HSC.

I think i stuffed up some of my Sparta answers.

Anyways, whats it like doing Agrippina? She's our next topic, and then we're doing Persian Society. I looked in Antiquities 2 if anyone has it, and there doesn't seem to be much on Agrippina.

wednesday

um...there's not really that much with Agrippina.....its just hella confusing. Her family background is the most confusing part!!! she has a brother named caligula who made a horse senator...she married her uncle....slept with her brother and her son....oh and also a freedman, she also had many a person killed...its a bit incesty but its very interesting once u get past the confusion that is :)

Harimau

You are not me, therefore you are irrelevant
HSC
Re: hey hey

Originally posted by girlee281
i just joined. Anyways, I did my half yearly's a week and a half ago, and Ancient was soooo long. We did the Greek World, a choice of 3 essay questions, and short answers on Sparta, like it's going to be in the HSC.

I think i stuffed up some of my Sparta answers.

Anyways, whats it like doing Agrippina? She's our next topic, and then we're doing Persian Society. I looked in Antiquities 2 if anyone has it, and there doesn't seem to be much on Agrippina.
Agrippina is good... and Antiquities is a crap book. Recommended books for Agrippina:

Anthony Barett, Agrippina
Bauman (Cant remember the name of the book)
Scullard
Salmon (I love this book)
Garzetti (rare, if you can get its, its really good)
and the usual ancient sources

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)