Half Yearlies (1 Viewer)

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
hey all... any of you know what to expect for your half yrlies and when are your half yearlies????

thanks

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
i'd say just study from wat you've learnt so far
not as hard as the yearly exams ;)
* or the trials *
hahah

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
anyone doing the upcoming mock trial? if so contact me i think i've included my email address or jus PM me...
thanks

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
half yrlies
Legal Studies - basic legal notions, customary law, sources of law e.g. statute, common law, criminal law magna carta, delegated legislation and international law...looking out domestic laws and international laws also treaties and soft and hard law.....

Economics- introduction to economics, factors of production natural, labour capital and enterprise (entrepenuerial), planned and market economy's looking also at mixed market economies as australia is one, doin a case study on Australia and Indonesia economic relatoins and the recent Free Trade Agreement (FTA) or talks of it....

English (advanced) - essays and questions on Changing Perspective as area of study, related materials and also questions on Persuasive Language...

Maths 2 unit - Basic Arithmetic, algebra and surds, Functions and graphs and Trigonometry all that Cot,cosec rules....

Pd/H/Pe - meanings of health and physical activity, peoples views of health and physical activity according to social markers, social Constructs, determinants of health and Physical Activity HELPME principle Heredity, Environment, Lifestyle, Priorities, Motivation and Education.... and finally looks into nutrition Better Healthfor Individuals....

Spanish (beginners) - Basic Conversation, Mucho Gusto, Donde Vives, En casa and giving descrptions of a person or thing....

thats all that i know of them subjects cuz im doing them hehehehe
ciao

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
expect them to be hard, no offense but the yr 11 half yearlies are shockingly more difficult than yr 10 exams. Goodluck and remember that this is the beginning of your HSC career, study hard, play hard!

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
take it from the experienced person... Nick knows al about it.... and if u've been to the Edassist lectures jus recently for the Preliminary.... ur studying timetable should well be on its way and YOU SHOULD start lookin into studying.!!!! hehehe

ciao

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
whoa... u all seem to know what ur tokin about i dern even know what to study for these half yrlies >.< how sukky

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
hehehe well glad to help you out with whatever u need... ill b adding some more things as we get closer to them... my half yrlies are next term week 4-5.... i think hehehe well the last time i checkd... how you enjoying yr 11?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
yr 11 is so and so ><!
work load is starting to pile up >_>
my half yearly is the following week
ack
goes over 2 weeks
T_T

wish me luck - lol

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
shinji / d3sp said:
yr 11 is so and so ><!
work load is starting to pile up >_>
my half yearly is the following week
ack
goes over 2 weeks
T_T

wish me luck - lol
hey shinji.... yeh jus try ur best... if you dunt get the marks u want then u'll know why but umms if u got any questions mate feel free to ask... be glad to try and help ya....
and good luck!!! :)

laters

elisabeth

HSC
Holy crap, stop scaring them Nick! They're not really -that- hard, of course it varies a bit between schools. Now I only arrived in Oz in time for year 11, so I can't compare it to year 10 exams... but don't be scared. The biggest stress factor for me was not being motivated to do work in between exams, cause I'd never had the examm period off before. Also, how teachers kept going on about it being all important... a load of crap! Just do your best, get some revision in and don't stress too much - remember nobody will care this time next year and it's practise for your yearlies, then the HSC. So if you have to fuck up, now's the time to get it over and done with. Anywho, good luck everyone.

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
kewl kewl... where did you come from b4 australia.... cuz like ur english is tip top if your not from an english country!!!! :) if not then ur english is pretty good hehehe and mite i add thnkz for the advice :)

Lisa_8

HSC
I do economics....we just started Markets (Topic 3), finished of the first chapter on Demand, that's where our half-yearlies are up to so we wont be going much further for the rest of the term.

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
Lisa_8 said:
I do economics....we just started Markets (Topic 3), finished of the first chapter on Demand, that's where our half-yearlies are up to so we wont be going much further for the rest of the term.
thanks lisa... and how are you coping with economics.... for me like the first couple of weeks were a blur!! i was like what the hell? but then u read up on current economic events e.g. CAD, trade, peter costello hehehe and slowly made sense...

elisabeth

HSC
Mr. Sabuncuoglu said:
kewl kewl... where did you come from b4 australia.... cuz like ur english is tip top if your not from an english country!!!! :) if not then ur english is pretty good hehehe and mite i add thnkz for the advice :)
Thanks. I'd be damn ashamed if my English was crap, considering I was born in Sydney, lived in Australia till I was ten, moved to England and moved back when I was 16 in time for year 11 ;)

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
hehe now it all makes sense :) so sorry to think that you were not australian... hows life in england???? always wanted to go their and learn the accent!! hehe do you have the accent aswell???

ciao

elisabeth

HSC
Nah, I used to have it, but it's gone a lot now. Sometimes if I speak to someone English I'll unconsciously start putting it on again. I miss it though... foreign accents are awesome and great convo starters.

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
elisabeth said:
Nah, I used to have it, but it's gone a lot now. Sometimes if I speak to someone English I'll unconsciously start putting it on again. I miss it though... foreign accents are awesome and great convo starters.
i reckon its really kewl... wish i had a friend who came from england... need some multiculturalism in my life hehehe :) what subjects are you doin ?

Lisa_8

HSC
I like economics...its been fine except for a few contradicting definitions and stuff. What are you (and anyone else) up to?

Also, is anyone here doing maths extension 1? If so, what are you up to and what textbook do you use? I swear our class is really behind lol.

When are everyone's half yearlies? Mine are first week back next term, but a couple of people i've talked to have theirs this week...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)