HALF-YEARLY EXAM. Green legs and spam. (1 Viewer)

wallflower

HSC
Kind of confused on where about to post this. Sorry if it’s in the wrong spot. I’d just like to ask a question on Section III (text response), if you’d be so kind…

My teacher has suggested we choose three themes / insights for each text (the WHAT) and at least three language techniques for each of these themes (the HOW.)

However, from practices I’ve done, I find that I expend the entire word limit (500 – 700 words, depending on how fast ones brain can function in conjunction with how fast ones hand can scribble) discussing ONE text. Exclamation mark. Is it possible to do all of this within 500 – 700 words? Recommendations? Suggestions? World peace?

Also, I'm slightly doubting my abilities to adapt my WHAT's and HOW's to any given question. It really all boils down to;
  • Catalyst
  • Obstacles / Opportunities
  • Attitudes / assumptions
  • Consequences
doesn't it? With a few summarising topic sentences thrown in and a good conclusion?

Please reply before the instant coffee kills me.

2ndbest

Erratic Member
HSC
Best study technique I have for writing detailed essays on exam conditions is:
1. Write down and organise your points into the whats and the hows, no time or word limit
2. write an essay with these points, again no time or word limit
3. study this essay and edit it until you have scraped all the wish-washy sentences
4. try it in timed conditions

this is how i get a really well structured and to-the-point essay, which helps when it is in timed conditions

emca

HSC
further to your dilemma is that the teachers would love you to link the texts. However, this is not so hard. Remember, it is not just about what they have in common. How do they differ (contrast). So for example Big yellow taxi - Paradise and the song and Forever young are both pop songs. How they differ is Big yellow taxi is about the way things change in a journey whie Forever young is about the desire for the journey to constant, that is not get old.

SyCoTiC

HSC
Those are the four stages of the physical journey but you need to synthesise. That is, link your texts and what they share in common and how this is done. That will set aside your essay from the rest to say the least bar your structure because your essays definitely need structure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)