Half Yearly Results ONLY (No Spam) (1 Viewer)

Aplus

HSC
N/A
slowjam10 said:
My results were as follows:

Ancient History - 99% - Ranked 1st
Studies of Religion II - 98% - Ranked 1st
Legal Studies - 94% - Ranked 1st
Adanced English - 95% - Ranked 1st
Extension English - 84% - Ranked 2nd in exam, 1st overall
Modern History - 85% - Ranked 1st in exam, 2nd overall
Extension History - 84% - Ranked 1st

:read:
Congratulations :)

slowjam10

HSC
conics2008 said:
"slowjam10" how easy are your exams.

It would be mad to go to a stupid school, and get rank 1st for all your subject!
Well actually my exams aren't easy. All the questions used in the exams were previous CSSA Trial Papers or Independent Papers. So no I don't think that they were easy, I mean there were a great range of marks for all the exams.

For example, in Advanced English I got 95%, next mark down was 89% and so on and our year group is quite competitive with 64 people doing the subject.

Hence, if our school did use past trial questions etc, then I don't see how it could be considered easy as they are known to be harder than the actual HSC.

I mean what's wrong with working hard and trying to top your subjects, that's the aim isn't it. I've looked through this post and seen some fantastic marks and ranks and its obviously due to the effort they have put in.

Last edited:

mark678

HSC
slowjam10 said:
My results were as follows:

Ancient History - 99% - Ranked 1st
Studies of Religion II - 98% - Ranked 1st
Legal Studies - 94% - Ranked 1st
Adanced English - 95% - Ranked 1st
Extension English - 84% - Ranked 2nd in exam, 1st overall
Modern History - 85% - Ranked 1st in exam, 2nd overall
Extension History - 84% - Ranked 1st

:read:
Hey mate how they hell did you study to get 99% in Ancient. Do you staple notes to your head or something?

slowjam10

HSC
mark678 said:
Hey mate how they hell did you study to get 99% in Ancient. Do you staple notes to your head or something?
lol..love the stapling notes to your head ..lol

I will definetely haver to tell peopel about that

Well my half-yearly was based on Hatshepsut and Pompeii and Herculaneum

It was a 2hr 15min exam, split into three sections;

1st section was on Pompeii and Herculaneum - 25marks
2nd and 3rd Sections were on Hatshepsut - each 25, so 50 marks in total

So basically, to study I went out and got myself a copy of ANTIQUITY 3 wrote systematic notes from there according to the syllabus dot points, as well as some other textbooks and i started the memorising or 'stapling' process.

It was pretty bad studying for Ancient as well, because our teacher didn't teach us anything on the Core. We basically missed a whole chunk of lessons due to retreat and other excursions etc and then she decided to make us each write notes and combine them as a class. Sounds good in theory, but a good number of people in our class are bludgers and didn't do it or just did it in a fashion.

Anyway, I ignored those notes wrote my own and memorised them between 1 in the afternoon and 11.00 at night, running on less than 4hrs sleep due to a sudden occurrence of insomnia.

So my advice is write the notes and memorise them, as well as practice past papers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)