half yearly study timetable (2 Viewers)

undalay

HSC
sleepplease said:
not have to worry about HEX.
Hecs is not alot. Its quite cheap actually, one of the best loans available.

sleepplease said:
That does not mean I dont do extra curricular stuff. I do:
- sing in two choirs
- play the cello
- part of an orchestra
- hockey
- tennis
- work with World Vision
- work with BDCF
- run charity group at school (was secretary of another)
- SRC
- work iwth Make Indigenous Poverty History
- work with Oaktree Foundation (writing newsletter, schools team, conference coordinator)
- part of Model UN
According to you timetable, i see you allocated charity work for 11pm+ im sure charity groups are active at that time. You've have allocated no time in your timetable for these huge number of activities, save playing the cello.

sleepplease said:
It's called organisation. It's called being passionate about more htan one thing and so altering your life so that you CAN lead a balanced life without compromising one area.
Because you sleep at 11pm+charity work (say 12, 1am?) and get say 4-5 hours of sleep, that completely does not compromise any areas right.

sleepplease said:
Please, let people study, learn and prioritise in the way they see fit. They know what they want and need, you dont. I'm not trying to be rude (truly) but perhaps right now study and accedemic success IS the most important thing. Perhaps not. But it's a personal choice.
/rant.
Sure everyone may or may not know what they want. That DOES NOT mean they know the best way to get there.

We'll take the biggest loser Chris, he played basketball and was really good. He trained ALOT and aspired to play professionally. He trained so hard he fucked himself up, lost his career and gained heaps of weight.

cccclaire

HSC
sleepplease said:
For those who keep saying you dont NEED to study that hard.

I want a UAI of 99.95. I want a scholarship. I want to be able to leave home after my HSC and not have to worry about HEX. I want to make my parents proud. I want to make my teachers proud. I want to know I've given everything to achieve.

That does not mean I dont do extra curricular stuff. I do:
- sing in two choirs
- play the cello
- part of an orchestra
- hockey
- tennis
- work with World Vision
- work with BDCF
- run charity group at school (was secretary of another)
- SRC
- work iwth Make Indigenous Poverty History
- work with Oaktree Foundation (writing newsletter, schools team, conference coordinator)
- part of Model UN

etc etc

It's called organisation. It's called being passionate about more htan one thing and so altering your life so that you CAN lead a balanced life without compromising one area.

Please, let people study, learn and prioritise in the way they see fit. They know what they want and need, you dont. I'm not trying to be rude (truly) but perhaps right now study and accedemic success IS the most important thing. Perhaps not. But it's a personal choice.

/rant.

no offence, but you're completely crazy.
You can't save the world, become a famous cello player and sit your HSC expecting 99.95 all at the same time.
It's pretty obvious you're exaggerating all the stuff you do.

Also model UN is lame.

sleepplease

HSC
I dont want to save the world or become a famous cello player :) I want to continue enjoying cello (which I play in the morning) and do my charity activities which I mostly do on the weekends and all the written work after 11pm. As you may or may not know, the majority of work one does is not "on the scene" stuff - it's like, writing up newsletters, emailing influential people etc.

Hockey and tennis are saturday mornings and sometimes evening game also.

CHoirs, orchestra and SRC all occur within school hours with a two hour orchestra rehearsal on Sunday and Choirs three times a week - one lunch time and two mornings. Model UN is a lunchtime.

Hope that cleared that up :)

Hey undalay - you;re right, sleep is compromised. But, since I've been little I've only ever slept 6 or 7 hours so it's not too bad really. And I will be cutting down on activities for hte HSC, but there is no reason to tell other people what is best for them and what they SHOULD do.

I'm not sure why this caused such a stir. Please don't take offense at anything I've said :) I just don't like people critising other people's methods of prioritising.

Hope you all take care and have a good week.

p.s. cccclaire - perhaps you could just trust people until they give you reason to do otherwise :)? There is no reason for me to lie on an online forum. ANd I assure you, many people do far more than I do.

redom

HSC
woahh studying 5 hours a night is quite alot, everyday!....personally i want the '98+ uai' that sanjeev mentioned and all, and i get it needs a fair bit of study and hard work....but i dont manage that much study everynight! i think some people have the wrong impression towards those who achieve a good results and all, i doubt they all do 5hrs+ of study a day!

akuchan

YUI
HSC
dude u need like 9 hrs sleep man, put school before health? good for u
its already been proven heaps of times, go ask the people thats already gotten high uai's, alot of them dont study everyday, dont study more than 5hrs a day not counting school time and spend more time with their gf than studying, the point is.... sanjeev is gay with john cubito and mr sprod

mudcake42

HSC
I'm not sure how much time I study but I'm always prepared when the exam comes because I study for goods amount of time and I start like a week before the exam (more if i have more exams).

Its just revising, finding out what you don't know, and then learning it...then couple of days before the exam, revise it all again.

I try a study time table but I usually dont stick to it because each time a subject needs changes depending on when tests are coming up or how much ur learning.

For half yeary's, we got 3 (maths, chem & bio) and practically I'm just studying consisttently, revising, learning and revising. Usually serves me well!

edit: wow i repeat alot, probably an indicator of why I'm not good at english :p

HSC
akuchan said:
its already been proven heaps of times, go ask the people thats already gotten high uai's, alot of them dont study everyday, dont study more than 5hrs a day not counting school time and spend more time with their gf than studying, the point is.... sanjeev is gay with john cubito and mr sprod
and sunny is gay with jansten arzadon

sleepplease

HSC
Hey Lucid, how did I contradict myself?

I'm in grade 11, do ancient and modern history, ext english, french, SOR, biology... will be doing ext hist, ancient + modern, ext2 eng, french ext and maybe biology but that's 14 units so then again.. maybe not :p

As for my institution if I post it here my whole school will know (which isnt always the best thing) who I am because most ppl know the activities I do (or at least that I do alot of them) so if you really want to know I'll PM, otherwise, I go to a selective school.

sleepplease

HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
But you said that you got something along the lines of 96% in Chemistry, or something, previously... unusual for most schools to allow students to accelerate, but it is a selective school, you said.

Contradiction in the nuances. I don't suppose it matters really.

Someone please reply to the excerpt I got from the Ruse newspaper thingomajig. There we go, the source.
No I didnt !!! I don't even DO chemistry!! The only science I DO is Bio!!

Unless this was when I was in year ten and referring to a chem topic or something? Like.. last year??

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
Perhaps.
Awesome. Join the club.:)

Your school appears to have so many people doing Religion/Philosophy (out-of-school units), as well as Legal Studies, Biology, and Chemistry. Oh, and tuition.

My school has six classes of Physics and Chemistry, two classes of Biology, nine classes of English and a similar number for Mathematics, one or two for Legal Studies, many for Economics and two for Business Studies; and nigh-zilch students do the out-of-school courses (but we have SoR in school).:)

I rarely study (well).:( My aim is to emulate the HSC greats and not have cardiac palpitations (and die before getting into Uni/college/Premier's Award/etc.).
WOAH ! your school sure does love its physics & chem ! Ours only has 1 of each & I'm in them. ahaha ..

Chem FTW !

mudcake42

HSC
We only have 3 chemistry classes and 4 bio classes and 2 physics but a HUGE amount of people took up all the writing ones like Business studies, ancient and modern history.

akuchan

YUI
HSC
sanjeevprasad99 said:
and sunny is gay with jansten arzadon
in ur dreams, only u dream about 2 guys, whenever ur not spyin on apes from across school that is, lmao

redom

HSC
akuchan said:
haha i agree sonny! with the high uai balance thing....health MUST be put before school. Ive fell sick for an entire week about a month prior to yr 11 yearlies, teh day it ended and the week after yr 12 mid terms!....IT SUX!

and seriously...if that was your mid term timetable....shouldnt u be getting like much better marks?...i dont do nearly that much, but manage to stay well on top of things!

sanjay u have a timetable which wat caters for 6 hrs sleep? well do wat u want! but as a freind i should say balance is more important than what u plan. and who really abides strictly by the timetable they set themselves? mines really unrealistic!
just dont get urself sick and burn out at the wrong time!

anyway goodluck sanjay!...but i dont think studying your brains out is the way to goo!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)