Half Yearlys-Trench Warfare (1 Viewer)

ellie_bubs

Hey everyone

For my half yearlys this week i am doing a practice answer on trench warfare as in those questions where you incorporate the sources into your answer, besides using the aspects of the sources, what points about trench warfare should i include?

Any help would be greatly appreciated : )

Jos

I'm guessing it is too late but I am also doing Trench warfare and our teacher has suggested focus on tactics eg. creeping barrage ect., technology eg tanks guns... and life in the trenches....conditions and stuff... well goodluck, and if it is over, I hope you did well.

ellie_bubs

thanks heaps!

Thanks everyone for ur suggestions, no you aren't too late, my exam is on Monday and i just came on 2nite to c if anyone replied, the sites are really good as well, good luck to all of us
Cheers

KarmaKitten

HSC
always make sure that you relate the info BACK to the question, so dont just list points about trench warfare, actually relate it back to the question

clerisy

HSC
Originally posted by Jos
I'm guessing it is too late but I am also doing Trench warfare and our teacher has suggested focus on tactics eg. creeping barrage ect.,
Define creeping barrage, please. My teacher is always swearing by the significance of it & insisting we mention it in our essays, and so I do. But although I have a general idea, I kind of wing my way through it a bit-- I don't specifically know what it is. Any help?

Ziff

HSC
N/A
The military barrages would fire progressively ahead of the troops moving towards the opposing trench as opposed to preliminary barrages where they just fired a shitload of artillery at the opposing trench then everyone went over the top and died :p

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
that was why the defensive always had an advantage over the offensive...:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)