Half Yearly's (1 Viewer)

nessie_lee

Povo Uni Student!
Knights territory.... and I'm a Doggies supporter!
HSC
Hey everyone..
i've just finished all of my half yearlies and got back my cfs results yesterday. I did alright.... 81%, lower than my norm, but it was such a hard test, everyone struggled!.. how did everyone else go? Was your exam really hard?

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
our exam was only on parenting and caring.. and it wasnt so much hard but it was really long and heaps of people didnt finish.. my extended response was heaps rushed!
i hope i do well though :S cafs is one of the subjects im planning to get band 6 in... i probably wont but i gotta aim high lol

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Yeah it was really hard, especially the part on parenting

stephanie01

HSC
hey just had my cafs exam and it was really easy ... only had 3 questions ... 1 1/2 hr exam with 5 min reading time which was a watse cos most ppl just ended up siting there doing nothing.

mishka

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by stephanie01
hey just had my cafs exam and it was really easy ... only had 3 questions ... 1 1/2 hr exam with 5 min reading time which was a watse cos most ppl just ended up siting there doing nothing.

What????!!! My CAFS half-yearly is 3 hours and is set out like the HSC exam!!! What were the weightings of everyone's half-yearlies??

baka

***el, idiot.
HSC
Originally posted by cro_angel
our exam was only on parenting and caring.. and it wasnt so much hard but it was really long and heaps of people didnt finish.. my extended response was heaps rushed!
i hope i do well though :S cafs is one of the subjects im planning to get band 6 in... i probably wont but i gotta aim high lol
hey what sorta questions did they ask u in the PARENTING and caring exam??

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
Originally posted by mishka
What????!!! My CAFS half-yearly is 3 hours and is set out like the HSC exam!!! What were the weightings of everyone's half-yearlies??
ours was 20% and 1 and a half hours

Originally posted by baka
hey what sorta questions did they ask u in the PARENTING and caring exam??
umm we had to fill in a table (12 marks) of 2 legal and 2 social aspects of 3 types of social parenting (surrogacy, foster parenting, adoption), we had to talk about authoritarian, democratic and negligent parenting styles (9 marks) our 15 mark question was on the factors affecting parenting and caring relationships (mr gas scene).. hmm what else.. 4 marks on talking about teachers and grandparents as roles in parenting and caring.. 4 marks about contemporary and traditional male and female roles.. meh ill scan my exam up when i get it up

aditya

HSC
buahahhaha...... buhahahahahha...... buahahahahaha

my CAFS half eyarly was worth... wait for it ---- NOTHING!!! lol! it was worth 0%!!!

the highest markw as 93 the lowest markw as 65 and the average was somewhere in the vicinity of, i dno, 85....

and id say it was PISS easy... because i myself didnt study even a single second for it and managed to pull out 87%!!!!

if i had studied for even 1 hour i wouldve gotten at least 5 more marks (research methodolgy couple of hard questions there)

but although our test was easy... our teachers' marking was not! she marked it extremely tough...

but it was worth nothing so hu gives a shit...

aditya

HSC
and a quick note, 81 would scale to 56.2 (from sam), so i think u would like to study harder... no offence

nessie_lee

Povo Uni Student!
Knights territory.... and I'm a Doggies supporter!
HSC
thanks for that boost of confidence aditya! lol.... cfs scales really badly, but hey, the way i'm going, i'll probably get a UAI of 70 anyway!
my half yearly was worth 10%, not much, but still enough to make you want to put some effort into it i guess. if mine was worth nothing, man that would have been nice!

aditya

HSC
had no intention of discouraging!!!

but its just that i feel that cafs is really trully simple? i mean u introduce the matter, u talk about background info, u go into problems, go into affects of these problems then u try and suggest solutions to the problems....

bleh that wasnt helpful, but still thats wat i do, and i go fine, without studying at all... so thers no reason u all cant'....

aditya

HSC
and 81 is a good mark if the test was hard... and ur bound for 70!!! u can esaily get over 70.. if u want to...

aditya

HSC
it's all about ur ranking, if ur ranking is good... then u'll go good... if ur ranking is not good, then ur gonna limit urself to the extent of the moderation u receieve, but u can still go very good!!!

(if u ranking sucks cuz ur in a good school, or quality canditure, then obviously u have nothin to worry about).

mishka

HSC
N/A
Well, yesterday was the moment of DOOM - my 3 hour half yearly for CAFS. I was pretty nervous - I was sure our teacher was going to hit us with some doozeys cos she said she wanted to "sort us all out" apparently there are something like 8 of us in the top 4 positions or something.

Warning to people attempting a 3 hour exam - your brain FRIES, and I mean literally. My eyes were going all weird and stuff!! We had 3 hours to complete 10 m/c, 5 short answer, 3 essays and about 5 other "medium" responses. Some people left 1.5 hours into it!!! No WAY would they have finished everything, or else only done 4 lines for the essays!!!

I found out the exam was only worth 15% but still, 15% is a lot, considering the fact that our marks are pretty close!! I think I did alright, maybe low to mid 80's. We'll see I guess!!!! :D

aditya

HSC
is that wat its like in the hsc? those 5 medium answers? or were those incorporated in ur essays? like part ab ect?

i still cant get over ur sig... id rather it be more than a year than less than a year... :(

or should i say ONE year :p

mishka

HSC
N/A
Well i got my mark back and managed to get 86% !!! I'm really happy with that!! My teacher said it was marked similar to how they do in the HSC....
Apparently you lose 1/2 of the possible mark if you don't follow the instructional word (e.g. Analyse, Define, Identify, Explain, etc.)
Now on to this IRP thingy, which is due 1st day back term 2!! I wish it hadn't dragged on so much though, I would have rathered it be over and done with!!!
How did everyone else go with their half yearlies, or do you have to wait until next term??!!

mishka

HSC
N/A
Sorry...

Have a look at past papers, but I'm pretty sure that set out was similar to how it is in the HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)